Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DualSportDad's 99 WJ

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 01:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1997, 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default DualSportDad's 99 WJ

Like my last build thread found here https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f46/du...-build-146334/ I figured I'd start a thread to keep track of my current project.

I got this 99 wj for free from my old boss. He found out I was looking at a wj that came in on trade through the dealership and gave me a call and offered me his jeep at a price I couldn't turn down, he even had it towed to the shop for me.

Story was it has a bad rod bearing and some electrical problems. One week later and found a broken piston skirt and haven't even started to look at the electrical problems yet but electrical is my thing so I'm not worried about that.

Over all the jeep is in decent shape, gets me back into a 4-wheel drive, and gets me a vehicle with a full back seat instead of the half one my xj seat has. I just put my son in a booster seat and the half seat freaks me out.

Here's some pictures.
Attached Images  
Old 12-26-2015, 01:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1997, 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by DualSportDad
Like my last build thread found here https://www.cherokeeforum.com/f46/du...-build-146334/ I figured I'd start a thread to keep track of my current project.

I got this 99 wj for free from my old boss. He found out I was looking at a wj that came in on trade through the dealership and gave me a call and offered me his jeep at a price I couldn't turn down, he even had it towed to the shop for me.

Story was it has a bad rod bearing and some electrical problems. One week later and found a broken piston skirt and haven't even started to look at the electrical problems yet but electrical is my thing so I'm not worried about that.

Over all the jeep is in decent shape, gets me back into a 4-wheel drive, and gets me a vehicle with a full back seat instead of the half one my xj seat has. I just put my son in a booster seat and the half seat freaks me out.

Here's some pictures.
Not sure what's going on with the attachments.
Attached Images