Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The "Bweep" Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1993
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L I6
Default The "Bweep" Build

Soo I am obviously a new member. I had posted a recent "build" article. Well disregard that article, it sucks. I had no idea how all this works. So if any Moderator is looking at this feel free to delete my previous build thread.

The whole "bweep" name is kind of an inside joke. It really just was random one day, not too long after I purchased the vehicle, I just called it my "bweep" instead of my "jeep." I couldnt tell you why but thats just it.

Now I bought this about 2 1/2 years ago totally stock, it had nothing redone. Here is a picture of it not too long after I bought it. The only thing not stock is my awesome sticker on the windshield =).

Oh another thing, I do not have 4WD... yet! I am actually going to be converting probably in a couple months when I get the money together.
So that picture I was mudding in 2WD, not as fun as 4WD though =/.

Anyway the first major mod, except minor repairs, was taking off that annoying red striping on the doors. So I did that and then sanded and sprayed rubberized undercoating on those parts.

It looks good in the picture here but closeups there are splotches. I guess I just need to sand those and put another coat... or two on.

Here are some more pics of it.

Now I also replaced the shocks front and back as well as the steering stabilizer. Nothing fancy it was basically just done because my originals were stock and NEVER replaced. It needed to be done. Here are some pics, they are Monroe gas shocks. Like I said nothing special right now.

Yes soo I plan on getting a Rough Country 4.5 inch lift kit. Of course only after I put in the 4WD, otherwise I would feel dumb with a lift on 2WD.

Onto the next, so as a normal Cherokee would the headliner sucked. It was droopy as hell. So I decided to change it of course. I bought some fuzzy dark green fabric from JoAnn's (boy did I feel weird in there, haha) and some 3M 77 and fixed her up nice.

Oh yeah and the rear dome light I installed, I didnt have one before. Luckliy the plug for it was there already. So I all I did was plug it up and stick it to the ceiling, woot.

I have always enjoyed the sound of Jeeps withought there mufflers. So I decided to try this out, hoping I would like it since there was no going back.
I kept the cat on, so it is all legal, just LOUD!!! XD At least here in Georgia it is.

Thankfully I loved the sound of it, I am extremely happy with this.

Last but not least a final picture with my new license plate in front.

This is the picture that makes me super happy. I really like how the "Bweep" looks in this pic.

Enjoy, more updates with everything I am doing soon. Well as soon as I do them, ha.