Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.

Building my first jeep

Old 10-20-2016, 11:28 AM

Model: Cherokee
Default Building my first jeep

OK so I'm building my first jeep. I have a 1990 jeep cherokee laredo six cylinder 4.0 and I have a few questions.
1. I want to put a new front bumper on it and there is a part of the vacuume system in the bumper can I relocate it or can I get rid of it then that leads to my other question
2. What do I need to keep and what can I get rid of under the hood
Old 10-20-2016, 11:37 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0L

1) Yes, you can relocate it to wherever you want.

2) I'm not sure what you're looking to get rid of under the hood?
Old 10-20-2016, 11:47 AM

It's bone stock I just want to clean it up and get it going
Old 10-20-2016, 06:41 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by Josephshane View Post
It's bone stock I just want to clean it up and get it going
OK but what makes you think you can just get rid of something? All the parts under the hood are there for a reason so I'm really not understanding why you want to get rid of things without even knowing what exactly you want?
Old 10-20-2016, 06:58 PM

I'm just wondering what is important to the jeep running and being street legal and what is not so important
Old 10-20-2016, 07:29 PM

OK so I'm building my first jeep. I have a 1990 jeep cherokee laredo six cylinder 4.0 and I have a few questions. 1. I want to put a new front bumper on it and there is a part of the vacuume system in the bumper can I relocate it or can I get rid of it then that leads to my other question 2. What do I need to keep and what can I get rid of under the hood
I had to relocate mine when I put on a new bumper. I put it into the engine bay right behind the battery. it fit perfectly.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:47 PM
CF Veteran

I'm just wondering what is important to the jeep running and being street legal and what is not so important
It's all needed man. Unless you don't want ac. I guess you could take out the air box? Why exactly do you want to take things out? What are you trying to do?
Old 10-20-2016, 07:50 PM

I want to put a pro charger on it
Old 10-20-2016, 08:35 PM

If you have to ask questions like this, then you are definitely not ready to be installing a supercharger without major help. And by major help I mean paying someone to do it for you.

And why don't you explore google and the forum more before just saying you want to super charge your 4.0, because I bet the outcome would be very underwhelming and very overpriced compared to what you have in mind.

But welcome to the forum and good luck
Old 10-20-2016, 08:48 PM

Thanks for the welcome I have help I have tools and I'm not looking to supercharge it yet it's now where's ready for that I'm just saying that I have plans for it and I'm starting them soon and I'm going to work my way up to putting the supercharger on it in the future it's my first jeep and my first car I'm just trying to get information about what has been done to jeeps and what is best for the jeep I'm going to rebuild the engine with in the next two years (hopefully) but I want something that can go pretty much anywhere and is fast on the road
Old 10-20-2016, 09:07 PM
CF Veteran

Thanks for the welcome I have help I have tools and I'm not looking to supercharge it yet it's now where's ready for that I'm just saying that I have plans for it and I'm starting them soon and I'm going to work my way up to putting the supercharger on it in the future it's my first jeep and my first car I'm just trying to get information about what has been done to jeeps and what is best for the jeep I'm going to rebuild the engine with in the next two years (hopefully) but I want something that can go pretty much anywhere and is fast on the road
Wrong vehicle you got then haha...you really have alot to learn man..but glad to have you. I think you should rethink adding a supercharger....really crazy imo. Most people put lifts and your thinking super charger haha. Leave the 4.0 alone and you have a really reliable vehicle. Heavily modding and well it's not the same haha
Old 10-20-2016, 09:13 PM

Then I leave it alone but I am putting a 4.5' lift on it and 35s on it and cutting the finders (and yes ik how to do that) but I want to keep it reliable and also have something that can the family out and go crawling and mudding and camping but also have a daily
Old 10-20-2016, 09:13 PM

A weekend warrior as you shall say
Old 10-20-2016, 10:46 PM
CF Veteran

Then I leave it alone but I am putting a 4.5' lift on it and 35s on it and cutting the finders (and yes ik how to do that) but I want to keep it reliable and also have something that can the family out and go crawling and mudding and camping but also have a daily
So do you know what is required for a 4.5 inch lift and to run 35s? Is not just coils and springs. All lift "kits" don't give you everything you need
Old 10-20-2016, 10:48 PM

Yes ik

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: