Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bigbadxj 4-door build

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 09:29 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1992
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 1995 ZJ 4.0
Default Bigbadxj 4-door build

So I figured I would start a build thread for the Red 94. Not 100% sure what I'm going to do with it but It will be streetable (well somewhat ). So here are the first pic I put the El cheapo lights on the Cowl and they are not strong enough to be back that far they could be used as driving lights so I will be putting them on the front bumper and putting some more powerful lights on the cowl.

As you can see I already have the front bumper off and I throw a Homemade induction in there and I have started working on the body and then the bedliner and this summer it will be sprayed a deep dark black with the door jams and lower parts of the doors bedlined. So that's the beginning hope to do more soon.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0

your 2 door is my desk top back ground ha i love that thing i cant wate to get one some day
Old 04-15-2009, 01:11 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by snowboard3r411
your 2 door is my desk top back ground ha i love that thing i cant wate to get one some day
Thanks!
Old 04-23-2009, 09:39 PM
CF Veteran

OK I think after I get the lift and other normal stuff I'm going make this one a stroker here is a list of the parts I need thanks to a poster from JEEPSTROKER .com

Minus the Muffler and cat. As you can see i isn't as expensive as you may think you just got to do the work! Also there i a guy on Jeepstroker that does great machine work on heads etc at great price with fast turn around!

Last edited by bigbadxj; 04-23-2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:51 PM
CF Veteran

Getting all my stuff gathered for my first mix & match lift kit. I just got 6.5" front springs and upper & lower Control arms with new bushings for $200, some free Pro Comp shocks for the rear and a Skyjacker front Track Bar I'm going to make it adjustable with a Johnny joint on one side . Next I'm going to the JY for some S-10 Leafs to make a bastard pack.

Last edited by bigbadxj; 07-03-2009 at 11:31 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:54 PM
CF Veteran

I posted this by it's self but I thought I should add it to my build also.

HOOD LIFT BRACKETS

I know there is a lot of talk about the heat under the hood of the XJ so I decided to do this cheap mod a friend thought may work and give it a try. What I'm doing is making bracket that go between the hood and the hood brackets that hold it on, thus making a cowl like gap at the rear of the hood. This will in turn let heat out and cool air in like a cowl hood minus the $500 cost and you can just unbolt them and scarp it if you don't like it unlike hood vents where you are left with big holes in your hood if you do not like them!
So I started today but it rained and I have no Garage so here is what I have so far.
Here is the piece of scrap I'm using for the project I cut into 3" pieces

Here are the sides being grinded down so they are straight

next is to drill two holes in each 0.5" from the ends and 2" apart and then comes the install!?!?!
OK here we are got them drilled painted and on and here is the PICS!! Went on easy(expect for me slicing my thumb ope on the side of the hood) had to get new longer bolts and this is just 1" and it closes just like they were not there

I will not be able to tell you how much it helps till I get it back on the road and that will be with the 6.5" lift Heheheheeheh!
Old 05-06-2009, 03:53 PM

Year: 98

im going to try this, seems like it would work good.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:36 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by rob450er
im going to try this, seems like it would work good.
It has so far for me I'm really starting to love it. I may even try it a little bigger and see what it looks like?
Old 07-03-2009, 03:12 PM
CF Veteran

Here are some current pics of the XJ getting it's 7" lift. I have not closed the deal on the house I have been renting yet and intill I do I can't build a garage,so it is redneck mechanics for me.I have Rusty's front upper and lower control arms and 6.5" coils, rough country adjustable track bar, rear shackle, and Disco's. And my leafs are a mix and match of leafs from two full size trucks and the original. When it is done I'll then start the body trimming and bedliner.

Last edited by bigbadxj; 07-13-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:56 PM

Year: 1991
Engine: 4.0 inline 6

nice thread def keep us updated wit this build
Old 07-03-2009, 06:38 PM

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0 6cyl

Lovin the progress so far!!!
Old 07-03-2009, 08:03 PM
CF Veteran

Received 481 Likes on 413 Posts
Year: 1986
Engine: 4.3L with headers and full 3" exhaust system

Hey Big Bad

You might want to think twice about that hood spacer. If you hit something hard enough to push the front in, that hood will come right through the windshield at you. This is not something to loose your head over.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:07 PM
CF Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Year: 2001

Originally Posted by bigbadxj
Getting all my stuff gathered for my first mix & match lift kit. I just got 6.5" front springs and upper & lower Control arms with new bushings for $200, some free Pro Comp shocks for the rear and a Skyjacker front Track Bar for free I'm going to make it adjustable with a Johnny joint on one side for $35 . Next I'm going to the JY for some S-10 Leafs to make a bastard pack.
Are you gonna use that trackbar in the stock location? Doesn't it bolt above it with a relocation bracket? I think you'd have to modify your draglink to keep the angles correct.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:30 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by muddeprived
Are you gonna use that trackbar in the stock location? Doesn't it bolt above it with a relocation bracket? I think you'd have to modify your draglink to keep the angles correct.
I got rid of the skyjacker and got a RC. The skyjacker would not work for a lift over 4.5".

Originally Posted by 4.3L XJ
Hey Big Bad

You might want to think twice about that hood spacer. If you hit something hard enough to push the front in, that hood will come right through the windshield at you. This is not something to loose your head over.
Thanks for your concern but the hood is still held in with 10.9 grade bolts and it is just a little higher then stock so if I got in to a wreck bad enough for that to happen I think the hood would be the least of my worries. But I do have a fake cowl thing and if I can get a spare hood I want to try and make my own cowl hood. I do bodywork on the side so I can make it look like it was meant to be there not just stuck on.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:59 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000

Originally Posted by bigbadxj
I posted this by it's self but I thought I should add it to my build also.

HOOD LIFT BRACKETS

I know there is a lot of talk about the heat under the hood of the XJ so I decided to do this cheap mod a friend thought may work and give it a try. What I'm doing is making bracket that go between the hood and the hood brackets that hold it on, thus making a cowl like gap at the rear of the hood. This will in turn let heat out and cool air in like a cowl hood minus the $500 cost and you can just unbolt them and scarp it if you don't like it unlike hood vents where you are left with big holes in your hood if you do not like them!
So I started today but it rained and I have no Garage so here is what I have so far.
Here is the piece of scrap I'm using for the project I cut into 3" pieces

Here are the sides being grinded down so they are straight

next is to drill two holes in each 0.5" from the ends and 2" apart and then comes the install!?!?!
OK here we are got them drilled painted and on and here is the PICS!! Went on easy(expect for me slicing my thumb ope on the side of the hood) had to get new longer bolts and this is just 1" and it closes just like they were not there

I will not be able to tell you how much it helps till I get it back on the road and that will be with the 6.5" lift Heheheheeheh!
the finished pics look good i thought it would look higher but do you have any pics with the hood open for reference does it hit anything or close different or harder. i think i may do this soon

Quick Reply: Bigbadxj 4-door build