Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Beast (my first build)

Old 07-13-2017, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1987
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Post The Beast (my first build)

It all started about three years ago when I was influenced by my older brother to enter the jeep world. I found a 1987 Cherokee pioneer for $400. It was very rusty and needed some love. It has 202k miles but the owner had all the shop receipts from 50k miles so I'm not too worried about the engine. It also had the lift installed within the last 10k miles when I bought it.

The day she came home

It already had a Chrysler 8.25 in it, but when I bought it I was told it was junk. Turned out the brakes were just super rusted.. so I got new brake line and U bolts.

A lot of the floor was rusted out so I cut out all of the rusty spots, welded in new, and then proceeded to bed line the whole interior with black monstaliner

Once the interior was done it was time to do something about the horrid rockers. I decided to weld in 3x5 inch .25 tubing as rock sliders... I should have done this before bedlining the inside but I didn't get to them until a year later, so I am glad I preserved all my hard work. Lost pretty much all the pics when I was building the rockers.

Also had to trim the doors so they would still close

Old 08-10-2017, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1987
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

The final product!