Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 Gold Diggin Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.o
Default 99 Gold Diggin Build

Hey guys, new here. Last year I bought a new DD 99 police pkg with 192k for $700, this was also my first Jeep.

The headliner was gone so I decided to replace that first while I saved up for a suspension upgrade.

Went with a 3" Zone Off-Road "kit".

RE 1600 track bar....

Needed a new headlight bezel so I decided to throw in some satin black to break up all this gold.

Found a set of Ravine rims on BFG AT 31x10.5 for cheap.
Lift kit is yet to be installed.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:11 PM

Got her into the garage and ready for a second life.

Brakes were pretty damn nasty so new hardware was in order.

Should have just swapped in disc brakes but whats done is done.

After a long day of rust and grease it was time for a break.

Once the rear was done I had a broken axle U joint to replace.
I didn't snag any pictures of the broken one. The c-clips were so rusted that I ended up just taking a grinder and cutting the old u-joint out. I am not very patient and if I can fit a grinding wheel in there, I will.....

I love broken bolts, apparently the rear was too easy and the Jeep wanted me to cry.

Got it finished after two days. This was the first time I had ever done anything like this to a car. The only help I had was my grandfather watching me and giving me his input.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:23 PM

After driving around for a few weeks I had some "bump steer". I knew I needed to upgrade my LCA so I figured it would help. And it did.

Removing the frame side LCA bolts proved to be a PITA. I was able to fit a grinding wheel in there and cut those ****ers out in no time. I did how ever come very close to cutting my finger off.....

These are IRO adjustable LCA. I am very happy with the quality of them so far. The only issue is they do not come with instructions. Most of their parts online have PDF instructions, except these..... But a quick phone call and I was on my way!

Here she is. I am going to upgrade the shocks this summer. The ride is very stiff in the rear. I will also go with HD no lift shackle relocation box in hopes to improve my leaf spring shackle angle.

I really do not want to go any bigger with this Jeep. The future upgrades will be unibody stiffners, front d30 locker, hack n tap for the 242, brown dog motor mounts, new exhaust header, and who knows what else.

This is my first Jeep and my first Jeep build. I am learning along the way so any input is greatly appreciated!
Old 01-16-2015, 08:32 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 91
Engine: 4.0 I6 H.O.

Good find at that price. Coming along real nice. Trust me you would not be the first person to redo the rear drums and then learn that you could have swapped over to discs, ask me how I know.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:26 AM

Thanks ,Pat! Right now it has a d35 with factory posi trac. Once I upgrade to the 8.8 I will have disc brakes.