Go Back  Jeep Cherokee Forum > Technical Discussion > Jeep Builds
2001 jeep xj rubicon superflex lift >

2001 jeep xj rubicon superflex lift

Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.

2001 jeep xj rubicon superflex lift

Old 08-13-2016, 07:52 PM

Model: Cherokee
Default 2001 jeep xj rubicon superflex lift

I have asked multiple people what I needed to be able to pull off a 3.5" lift on my stock jeep xj. Yet nothing so I was wondering what all do you need parts wise that's not included in the rubicon super flex lift. Some say transfer case drop or extended brake lines but I would like to have a list of the needs to complete it.
Old 08-14-2016, 12:02 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L I6

I don't have a Rubicon Express lift kit but when I looked into it what I saw I'd need are the following:
  • front brake lines
  • leaf spring shackles
  • trackbar
  • slip yoke eliminator
  • upper control arms (optional)

Keep in mind this is just what I felt I would need to get the job done to my satisfaction. There may be more or less needed for your application. Know that the Rubicone Express lifts are known to get over 4" of lift. That's why I ended up going with Iron Rock Offroad's 3" lift because that's the height I am looking for. But I haven't heard anything bad about the quality of RE's products.

You may get more responses in the inquiries section of the forum, see this thread specifically >> "All lift and tire questions go here!!"

Last edited by kylemason; 08-14-2016 at 12:08 PM.
Old 08-14-2016, 12:31 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0

If you have a Chrysler 8.25 rear diff, you'll need u bolts for that diff. The kit comes with u bolts for a Dana 35 (if I remember correctly).

It's a kit for a reason: you'll be fine with what is given to you as long as you get the one with shocks. Everything else listed above is optional. You're asking for loads of opinion by asking what else is needed because the answer is "everything."

This is what your Jeep will look like with the kit:

That's nothing other than the kit and the correct u bolts. Same height RE kit with different spring rates and presumably different shocks. (Super Ride)
Old 08-14-2016, 12:43 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L I6

Originally Posted by Battle View Post
It's a kit for a reason: you'll be fine with what is given to you as long as you get the one with shocks. Everything else listed above is optional. You're asking for loads of opinion by asking what else is needed because the answer is "everything."
Well said.