Go Back  Jeep Cherokee Forum > Technical Discussion > Jeep Builds
2001 Cherokee patriot blue XJ. Nostalgic build >

2001 Cherokee patriot blue XJ. Nostalgic build

Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.

2001 Cherokee patriot blue XJ. Nostalgic build

Old 03-07-2019, 06:25 AM

Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Default 2001 Cherokee patriot blue XJ. Nostalgic build

The story for me and jeeps began when I first got my
license. My twin brother and I shared a black 2001 Cherokee, hence the nostalgia part of this build for me. It was our first vehicle, we built it as much as high school twins could, and made a bunch of memories in it. I was hooked. This was the ole girl.

When it was time to get my own Jeep, I got a 94 2 door 5 speed Cherokee. Found a ton of rot and sold it 2 weeks later for an 84 CJ7, that led to a 97 4cyl TJ, then a 2002 4.0 TJ, then a Nissan Titan, then a 2007 Rubicon unlimited, then a 2008 f250, then my 2006 Cummins, then my 2005 Silverado, which is 2wD, and let me to wanting something 4wD, which is where the 2001 Cherokee came into play. I bought the Jeep about a year and a half ago, and it sat like this.

so the Jeep sat for quite a while after this point. I started piecing together a lift buying one new part at a time. I ended up with 5.5” rubicon express springs front and rear, 2” spacer in the front (will eventually go RE 7.5” springs) 5.5” leafs with rubicon express shackles, BDS shocks, and all the miscellaneous smaller parts. Plan was to do CAVFAB longarms but I came across a rockkrawler 3 link on Facebook marketplace and picked them up for cheap, brand new in the box still. Picked up a warrior products rack that was for a 4 door wrangler while In the area as well. Found a set of 5 35 inch km2s on wheels with about 85% tread for $620. The steering I also found on Facebook marketplace for cheap, it’s a B lees hiem joint setup. Also found some rock sliders on Facebook. I did a hack and tap SYE with a stock front driveshaft also. Enough blabbing, here is the Jeep as of yesterday. With RE springs sitting higher than they’re listed at, I presume the Jeep is sitting st about 7.5-8”~~

Last edited by Dylan2405; 03-07-2019 at 06:28 AM.