Jeep Builds Make your own jeep build thread here, discuss and view jeeps here. All Jeep models are welcome here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Laredo XJ

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 10:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6
Default 2000 Laredo XJ

For my 17 birthday, my parents got me a 2000 XJ sienna pearl. I was more than excited and pretty much the day after i had her, i was online looking at what i could do to make her really stand out. For christmas I got new tail lights and those clear running lights. I wanted to dress her up but my dad said before i could anything for the appearance, i had to make sure she ran well and didn't break down on me. So a new exhaust, a new cold air intake, tires, oil change and steering parts, she is running pretty well. After getting a job and finally getting some money, Im about to start buying parts to dress her up. I've considered about going for the rock crawler look, big lift tires and all blacked out, but i realized Im going to be going to car shows with my friend and his charger more than im going to be going climbing mountains here in NJ. so after seeing a 92 Laredo the other day and seeing how nice they are, I have decided im going to turn my XJ sport into a Laredo. I have found chrome mirrors from a 91 on ebay, chrome handles on ebay too, and chrome trim at autozone. the grill with either be found in a junkyard or online. I really hope this comes out well and that you guys like it when she is done!
this is her now
List of parts plus things i want to do:
Chrome mirrors
Chrome door handles
Chrome grill
Cragar soft 8's, chrome of course
paint the rocker panels, fenders and bumpers a nice silver
cant decide if i want JCR front and rear bumpers or stick with the stock ones

I need some tips on painting it silver like best paint, type of sander, etc...

If you guys have anything you think i should add please do mention, it would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails 2000 Laredo XJ-cherokee.jpg  

Last edited by 70hemicuda; 04-07-2012 at 10:55 PM.