Land Use Forum Utilize this forum to talk about our current and future land issues. Help keep the trails clean and open.

Save Canyonland access!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 10:20 PM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Save Canyonland access!

Hey Guys,

This is real important, so check it out.

The Outdoor Industry Association (businesses making a living off the great outdoors) has launched massive attack on Utah for more land restrictions, this time in the form of a new Monument Proposal that 100 businesses signed onto and sent to the President.

If this happens, it would be closing Canyonlands for ALL motorized travel.

Some companies that are in the forefront of closing lands seem to include: Teva, CamelBak, Moab Coffee Roasters, North Face, New Belgium Brewing, and more. Let these companies know that you will no longer doing business with them because of this!

PDF with companies listed: http://www.delalbright.com/Access/Ca...s%20letter.pdf
BRC Alert and what to do: https://www.sharetrails.org/alerts/2...pushed-in-utah

A really simple and easy thing to do is post this on the company's wall on facebook, email, or write letters!

Dear Company XXX,

I have been buying your company's fine products for many years now. I write to you so that you understand why I am not going to be purchasing your products any longer.

Recently a letter to the President of the United States has been circulated by the Outdoor Industry Council, who are asking the President to sign an Executive Order making the Greater Canyonlands area a National Monument. This 1.4 Million Acres of Multiple Use Lands would be closed to motorized vehicles for the exclusive use of one group. This would be done without the consent of Utahan's without any other meaningful public process.

It's unfortunate that your company has decided to support stripping the rights of your customers to favor a specific group of recreationists. I will be spreading the word to my family and friends, so that they understand your position on Keeping Public Lands Open to the Public.

Sincerely,

SPREAD THE WORD TO KEEP OUR TRAILS OPEN!!!

Old 01-05-2013, 06:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee

I use CamelBak products allot. But thats nuts. I just hit there face book page
Old 01-05-2013, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hit north face page also.. those are the only products I use.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:39 AM
CF Veteran

Received 94 Likes on 85 Posts
Year: 1990, 1999, 2000
Engine: 4.0

first, i would probably decide to use a different pic other than the beat up old xj with no doors and that caption below it.
maybe use a brand new stockish JK, as that's what most outdoor posers would drive and relate to.

then i would make sure every off road parts supplier knew about this, as they're the opposite of the tree hugging teva/coffee roasters group.

but i'm sure they already know about this and are most likely starting to get their rebuttal organized.

but it is so easy for these hippie groups to sway the suits in office to agree with them on some endangered reptile, and have the board of latte sipping high society wannabees agree to close any area to motorized travel due to pollution endangering their ever so beloved yellow spotted salamander.

remember, once a trail is closed, it is almost impossible to get it re-opened ever again.

good luck, but keep in mind, shooting ammo in form of angered hate mail will only get their guards up and make the fight that much more difficult.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:06 PM
CF Veteran

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

give me a brand new JK and fly me out to Canyonlands and i'll make it happen.

This image was created for a page with about a 99% xj owner fan base and has only been posted on other xj sites. Regardless, who cares what rig is on it?

This has been going on for a couple months now and has been posted all over most every offroad site. The image was created to help promote the cause on facebook via "sharing" and viral methods.

Its a never ending battle, but we have gotten through to some of the companies.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1997
Engine: 4.slow

Yea dude. You should be ashamed of yourself, Helping a campaign to keep trails open. All you've got is a beat up ol' XJ... what were you thinking.

It's a shame this is coming about, I love that whole area so much. I'll be looking for ways to get involved as well. Keep it up!