Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 01:04 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1988
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Starting a non-stuck up jeep club

Its a Central Maryland based-club, check it out, i made a myspace, to better organize it, that way all club-based things go through that page, check it out, add me if you are interested.

http://www.myspace.com/463484223
Old 04-02-2009, 03:29 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1997 XJ
Engine: 4.0 HO JASPER MOTOR

pretty cool.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:04 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 01
Engine: 4.0L I6

did you try beltway jeepers?
Old 04-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1997

Or my site... www.EastCoastWheelers.com

That's the exact reason we started it. We're in Northern, VA and MD... Check us out too.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:56 PM

Year: 1989

Hey Michaelmaxim did the link change? I would love to check it out im from Montgomery and I've been waiting for something in the dc metro area!
Old 02-27-2011, 06:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1987
Engine: 1987 4.0L (242 CID) I6 RENIX FI 242 173 hp (129 kW) @ 4600 rpm, 224 lb•ft (304 N-m) @ 4000RPM

Originally Posted by gearheadette
Its a Central Maryland based-club, check it out, i made a myspace, to better organize it, that way all club-based things go through that page, check it out, add me if you are interested.

http://www.myspace.com/463484223
should make a facebook account
i dont even remember my login for myspace anymore its been so long
Old 02-27-2011, 08:03 PM
Seasoned Member

Engine: 4.0 HO

Reason I started TTJ also, although down here in NC most our clubs are just down to earth folks from my experience. Glad to see more groups forming, nothing helps organize events then large groups that can cooperate.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:28 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 87

I almost hate formal clubs.... to rigid.. and too political. Personally I like to wheel, and build rigs.. so what if I sometimes have a few adult beverages while working on my rig... or dont always wear proper safety gear in pics

Or I build a rig to take abuse.. and when ppl follow me they break

Just some of the issues I have with club rides
Old 02-27-2011, 09:43 PM
Seasoned Member

Engine: 4.0 HO

Originally Posted by PingPong
I almost hate formal clubs.... to rigid.. and too political. Personally I like to wheel, and build rigs.. so what if I sometimes have a few adult beverages while working on my rig... or dont always wear proper safety gear in pics

Or I build a rig to take abuse.. and when ppl follow me they break

Just some of the issues I have with club rides
Thats a problem we have noticed, alot of guys have come to our shop events expecting formal meets, we just order pizza, drink beer, play games and maybe do a few jeep pulls around the back of the shop, and talk about our upcoming wheeling trips. Nice to have a weekend just to hang out with friends once a month. Though I think we are gonna stop inviting everyone from the forums out for those, since we have had a few complaints about the drinking from people expecting a formal enviroment.

At our wheeling trips we try to stay in order, we convoy, etc... some of our guys break, some of them hold up, but either way we don't leave anyone behind, most of TTJ has known eachother since highschool, just friends who go back a long way and we have pretty much started the club and allowed more folks to come in. At Gulches we only had 1 guy take his jeep, I rode on as a spotter, snapped a shaft, got it back on the trail in 2 hours. This past weekend cut a brakeline, got it replaced after a parts store run in an hour, had a guy break a bolt off in the yoke on the 8.25, drove home in 4 hi, tcase started acting up, parked it, went back this morning and trailered it home. If we can get the other guy back on the trail, we will do what we can, if not, well go back and get him with the truck/trailer.

Last edited by SteelersXJ; 02-27-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:39 PM

Sounds like fun! Where's this shop?
Old 03-29-2011, 11:51 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 87

Originally Posted by SteelersXJ
Thats a problem we have noticed, alot of guys have come to our shop events expecting formal meets, we just order pizza, drink beer, play games and maybe do a few jeep pulls around the back of the shop, and talk about our upcoming wheeling trips. Nice to have a weekend just to hang out with friends once a month. Though I think we are gonna stop inviting everyone from the forums out for those, since we have had a few complaints about the drinking from people expecting a formal enviroment.

At our wheeling trips we try to stay in order, we convoy, etc... some of our guys break, some of them hold up, but either way we don't leave anyone behind, most of TTJ has known eachother since highschool, just friends who go back a long way and we have pretty much started the club and allowed more folks to come in. At Gulches we only had 1 guy take his jeep, I rode on as a spotter, snapped a shaft, got it back on the trail in 2 hours. This past weekend cut a brakeline, got it replaced after a parts store run in an hour, had a guy break a bolt off in the yoke on the 8.25, drove home in 4 hi, tcase started acting up, parked it, went back this morning and trailered it home. If we can get the other guy back on the trail, we will do what we can, if not, well go back and get him with the truck/trailer.

We never leave someone behind/or stuck on the trail. We will however tell him to ride with someone else till we can recover the rig at the end of the day. NO need especially at events that cost money to attend, to make everyone in the group lose out on what they paid for.

Right now I belong to several clubs, but most of the time I ride with only a couple of ppl from the different clubs. Some local ppl say I am stuck up when I say cage, lockers must to ride with me. I have my reasons for this, cage can/will save your life, and since everyone I ride with is locked front and rear.. if you are not.. you will hold the group up/ break trying to keep up. Stuck up.. dont think so... just dont want ppl to get into the deep water when they cant swim.