Mid Atlantic West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina

Need help recovering my WJ ASAP!!!!! Richmond va

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 12:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help recovering my WJ ASAP!!!!! Richmond va

If any fellow jeep lovers in the Richmond area have or know of anyone with a winch that could help recover my WJ from a crazy sick wheeling area off of Forrest Hill Ave please call me!! I am more than willing to pay generously for your help it's my daily driver and need to recover it asap. I'm freaking out here!!!!!! Please call Charles at 804-908-2302 if you or anyone else can help.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:49 AM
CF Veteran

Let me see what I can dig up, I've been back there a bunch of times. Place is a hell hole. Got stuck back there with 6 jeeps for 18 hours once.

Where is it exactly?
Old 11-29-2011, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by ZachsXJ
Let me see what I can dig up, I've been back there a bunch of times. Place is a hell hole. Got stuck back there with 6 jeeps for 18 hours once.

Where is it exactly?
We finally got it out close to 5am this morning right before it started raining thanks. I just need to get it started now which it did for about 10 sec. It's off of the trail back behind the target. Probably a little sloppy back there now since the rain. You really got stuck back n there with 6 jeeps?
Old 11-29-2011, 11:19 AM

I want to give a big thank you to DaddyGreenGenes and his superwinch along with BIGMAN_01_XJ both of these guys are real standup guys who helped someone they have never met before till 5am unsticking my WJ. Thanks you for saving my idiot ***!!

P.S. Vote DaddyGreenGenes for Cherokee of the month!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Need help recovering my WJ ASAP!!!!! Richmond va-image-1416790868.jpg  
Old 11-29-2011, 12:36 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 87
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

I am going to take a wild guess at this... that you were tresspassing on someones property.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:07 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 98

I didn't see any signs against trespassing....Then again, I wasn't really looking
Old 11-29-2011, 01:45 PM

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0l

It's not trespassing. No signs. Cops saw us go in ANd come out. We good.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:56 PM

Its my pleasure Charles! Now lets get that thing cleaned up and lifted. and have a party back there in that hell hole!
Old 11-29-2011, 01:58 PM
CF Veteran

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Who owns the land? If you know, do you have their permission in writing? If the answer is "no" for either of the questions, it's trespassing, signs or no signs, cops, or no cops. Cops can't give a ticket if there aren't any sings, but they can talk to the city and make it happen. Only wheel on land that is documented as public and/or that you personally have written permission to be on.

Sounds like a cool spot, but we gotta keep things legal for the sake of our sport. That's why I travel to wheel. Yeah, it sucks when there are spots I could go here, but I'd rather be a responsible off-roader, not one who damages the sports image. Not saying that's what ya'll are doing, just saying what often gets ignored.

Last edited by no rdplz; 11-29-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:04 PM

That thing was ridiculous!
Attached Thumbnails Need help recovering my WJ ASAP!!!!! Richmond va-photo-2-.jpg  
Old 11-29-2011, 04:50 PM

I can absolutely understand the want to keep the sport respected and there are no places that I would normally go around here except for culpeper va to go wheeling without having to spend more than $100 in gas. ATVs are somehow bypassed and allowed to visibly Be trailerd to this one specific place and you are guaranteed to see activity several times a week. Two wrongs don't make a right but when does fairness come into play? I am not one to complain and do nothing so I have taken the time to write congressmen and the governor I insist everyone to do the same. And untill more options become available for us, I will keep visiting my new found playground and treat it with respect for others who may use it just like EVERYONE else that rides it has done for god knows how many years it been used.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:02 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by PingPong
I am going to take a wild guess at this... that you were tresspassing on someones property.
Originally Posted by no rdplz
Who owns the land? If you know, do you have their permission in writing? If the answer is "no" for either of the questions, it's trespassing, signs or no signs, cops, or no cops. Cops can't give a ticket if there aren't any sings, but they can talk to the city and make it happen. Only wheel on land that is documented as public and/or that you personally have written permission to be on.

Sounds like a cool spot, but we gotta keep things legal for the sake of our sport. That's why I travel to wheel. Yeah, it sucks when there are spots I could go here, but I'd rather be a responsible off-roader, not one who damages the sports image. Not saying that's what ya'll are doing, just saying what often gets ignored.
Yes its trespassing, privately owned land. There aren't any No Trespassing signs but people regularly ride 4wheelers back there. Still shouldn't be back there without permission.

It would be on the safe side to say talking about it is inadvisable on the forum.

Originally Posted by BIGMAN_01_XJ
He tried to go through the death puddle, thing killed a Toyota Pick-up on 40s. He got lucky that the front diff bottomed out before he could get to the deep part.

Originally Posted by ckirk204
I can absolutely understand the want to keep the sport respected and there are no places that I would normally go around here except for culpeper va to go wheeling without having to spend more than $100 in gas. ATVs are somehow bypassed and allowed to visibly Be trailerd to this one specific place and you are guaranteed to see activity several times a week. Two wrongs don't make a right but when does fairness come into play? I am not one to complain and do nothing so I have taken the time to write congressmen and the governor I insist everyone to do the same. And untill more options become available for us, I will keep visiting my new found playground and treat it with respect for others who may use it just like EVERYONE else that rides it has done for god knows how many years it been used.
I wouldn't recommend going back there, you've already found out that you can get yourself stuff really easy. Every part I've ever broken on my Jeep while wheeling was there.

and yes, we got 6 Jeeps stuck back there for 18 hours. Took every bit of 18 hours to dig/winch everybody out.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:10 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0 I6 HO

Originally Posted by BIGMAN_01_XJ
stock jeep...on stock TIRES
Old 11-29-2011, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by johnydoe

stock jeep...on stock TIRES
LoL
Old 11-29-2011, 05:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999

That is an.. Oh **** hole if I ever seen one!
You got ballz that clank

Quick Reply: Need help recovering my WJ ASAP!!!!! Richmond va