Mid Atlantic West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina

Electrical Tester close to asheboro?

Old 06-24-2013, 06:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Electrical Tester close to asheboro?

I need to find out why im not getting fire. Is there anyone close to Asheboro with a Electrical Tester ? I don't have one and don't know how to use one.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:40 AM

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0

there like 10 bucks for a cheepie one and youtube can provide the training
Old 06-24-2013, 09:52 AM

thanks kennzz05 for the information that is my option Im looking for someone close to Asheboro NC who knows what there doing to help me out because your in FL I don't figure you can be of help but thanks for your post anyway.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by toxic-xj
thanks kennzz05 for the information that is my option Im looking for someone close to Asheboro NC who knows what there doing to help me out because your in FL I don't figure you can be of help but thanks for your post anyway.
well since it dosent appear as though people are flocking to assist you, honestly its far from rocket science to be able to use a meter there are only two types of circuits, loads, and switches do some reading and searching and you should be able to get a grasp on it
Old 06-25-2013, 06:35 AM

once again thanks kennzz05 There is a guy who saw my post and it turns out he is just 2 miles away so he's coming by this morning and show me what to check and how.

Man nothing personal but I'm glad I'm not in FL with everything going on down there yall must be afraid to post for help from your neighbors.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:56 AM

once again thanks kennzz05 There is a guy who saw my post and it turns out he is just 2 miles away so he's coming by this morning and show me what to check and how.

Man nothing personal but I'm glad I'm not in FL with everything going on down there yall must be afraid to post for help from your neighbors.
Well good thing about Florida all the sun toughens you're skin as you'res seems to be paper thin. Its really just that my generation tends to seek advise than accepts the challenge of figuring it out themselves
Old 06-26-2013, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by kennzz05
Well good thing about Florida all the sun toughens you're skin as you'res seems to be paper thin. Its really just that my generation tends to seek advise than accepts the challenge of figuring it out themselves
May I remind you how you accept the challenge of figuring it out your self?

"death wobble parts list and suggested vendors

howdy, my son who drives my 98 xj with almost 320,000 miles has informed me it just started having death wobble. I am a truck driver and cant be there to actually look at the vehicle so i think i just want to replace all the front end parts that could be causing it. I have no idea what the ages of the exsisting parts are i just know nothing has been done to it since i got it with 285,000 miles almost 10 years ago

So Im looking for a suggested list of parts to replace along with the part numbers if anyone has them. In addition if anyone has a particular vendor that has good prices id be interested in getting that too

ive also thought of replacing the hubs as well and think i remember reading that i can buy the axle shafts with the ujoints already installed so those part numbers would be helpful too

And just for the hell of it if anyone knows a reputable shop that they trust in the Jacksonville FL. area post it up.

thanks for reading and any help you can offer...ken "

PS: My skin is just fine and I'm not bothered by you one bit. I met some new people that live close by. I learned a few new tricks. Even had a few laughs .

But I do understand where your coming from If I was back in Jacksonville FL I wouldn't want to know my neighbors.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:32 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 ho i6

May I remind you how you accept the challenge of figuring it out your self?

"death wobble parts list and suggested vendors

howdy, my son who drives my 98 xj with almost 320,000 miles has informed me it just started having death wobble. I am a truck driver and cant be there to actually look at the vehicle so i think i just want to replace all the front end parts that could be causing it. I have no idea what the ages of the exsisting parts are i just know nothing has been done to it since i got it with 285,000 miles almost 10 years ago

So Im looking for a suggested list of parts to replace along with the part numbers if anyone has them. In addition if anyone has a particular vendor that has good prices id be interested in getting that too

ive also thought of replacing the hubs as well and think i remember reading that i can buy the axle shafts with the ujoints already installed so those part numbers would be helpful too

And just for the hell of it if anyone knows a reputable shop that they trust in the Jacksonville FL. area post it up.

thanks for reading and any help you can offer...ken "

PS: My skin is just fine and I'm not bothered by you one bit. I met some new people that live close by. I learned a few new tricks. Even had a few laughs .

But I do understand where your coming from If I was back in Jacksonville FL I wouldn't want to know my neighbors.
It sounds like you got but hurt because some one offered there advice. Your post didn't get a lot of replies he was trying to help.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:55 AM

Man it didn't bother me a bit. I got some PMs..

After his first post I posted this

"thanks kennzz05 for the information that is my option Im looking for someone close to Asheboro NC who knows what there doing to help me out because your in FL I don't figure you can be of help but thanks for your post anyway. "

Where I said thanks twice that's 2x.

My original question was (Is there anyone close to Asheboro with a Electrical Tester ?) I understand it may have been a confusing question for some and I apologize for that.

If I have a specific question I will post it in the tech section where I will be great-full for any help or suggestions I may get.

But because I didn't know what to check / how to check/ or with what to check it with-- I was looking for someone from my area. Thus the reason I posted it in the regional area and the reason I posted the question (Is there anyone close to Asheboro with a Electrical Tester ?).

So once again let me say Thank You for the reply to my post

PS Im no longer looking for someone in Asheboro we got it taken care of. But if I ever need someone in the FL or VA area I will know I need to post for help in Asheboro.

Im not trying to be a d**K.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:34 AM

I guess you missed the part where I said I'm a truck driver and I'm not at home I'm only home once every 3 months,hence the request for a shop suggestion. You say you're not trying to be a Dick but you clearly have a smartass attitude in saying that if you ever need help in va or fl. You'll post in the ashboro section.and you're initial responce was also condescending. What you could have said was thanks for the suggestion but I've never used a meter and don't know anything about electrical, and I'm just not comfortable trying this on my own. You chose a much different approach. Its like I offended you simply because I wasn't able to come do it for you and I had the nerve to waste you're valuable time by offerings a completely useless reply. Hugs and kisses:-*
Old 06-28-2013, 09:12 AM

Really? you want to keep this going?

Look at it this way. It would be like me replying to your post and saying (truck stops have wifi and you have a computer it would be easier for you to do your own research during a reset or your down time. Or some truck stops have data centers where you can use the computer there.)

But that wouldn't have answered your question or helped you out. Would it have?

C where Im going here?

My question was simple and straightforward (Is there anyone close to Asheboro with a Electrical Tester ?)

your reply (there like 10 bucks for a cheepie one and YouTube can provide the training)

Does not answer my question or help in any way.

But someone in Asheboro did they showed me how to use it and what to check. I didn't ask anyone to do it for me. again the question was simple. (Is there anyone close to Asheboro with a Electrical Tester ?)
Old 06-28-2013, 12:28 PM

sure it helps get my post count up
its ok i forgive you,

this time

so i was on another jeep site and came across this it kinda says what i was getting at if you read the whole thing

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f10/yet-an...ity-60468.html

Last edited by kennzz05; 07-04-2013 at 02:45 AM.