North Atlantic Maine, New Hampshire, New York, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Washington DC

XJ Theft In DC

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 98
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0l HO
Default XJ Theft In DC

I own a 98 black XJ classic and it was stolen on Thursday from Macomb St in NW Washington DC. I leave it parked on the street while I go to school.
Saturday night around 3AM DC Police called and said that my XJ was involved in a high speed pursuit in SE near Anacostia and that they got the guy but he crashed the XJ.
Today I went to go see my baby and how the damage was but the police lot in NE was closed because it was Sunday.
I will hopefully go tomorrow and see how bad my baby got hurt.
Just a heads up because out of all the cars parked on the street they stole the XJ so they may be targeting them.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:22 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L

Sorry to hear that man. They are some of the easiest to steal. I plan on installing a hidden fuel pump switch in mine SOON
Old 02-26-2012, 10:41 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Damn mang !!!! I'm really sorry to hear that. I had mine stolen 2 years ago from 9th and Maryland NE. Those POS's from the "hood" always target them according to the MPD, all it takes is a hammer and a screwdriver to the ignition switch. Mine was gone for a week before DCHA found it parked in the projects. Still starting it with a screwdriver to this day.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:17 PM

yea man it sux, its not even people from the "hood" its lazy motherf*ckers. I know alot of people in lower income areas that work hard as **** and get their stuff the right way. these hoodrats are just lazy and take the easy way out of everything.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:58 AM

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0L V6

How about someone tried to steal my XJ twice in SE DC. Broad daylight both times! I have a 2000 XJ Classic. It has the chip in the key (won't run without it). So they actually couldn't take it. Unfortunately my wife works in a bad neighborhood. The 2nd time this happened, I was helping out at her job and while we were about about 25 yards away, two kids tried the brick and screw driver thing. I chased them down to the projects, when I wisely stopped and called the police. Well how about one of the kids left his phone in my passanger seat. Lol. Dude came back!! He then with his hand under his jacked was acting like he had a gun. We all thought it was real. Crazy!! He demanded his phone back which my wife was holding. When we realized he didn't have a gun, I hemmed him up until the police came. Dude was 16!! Punk ***** kids!! I ended up buying a club to use as a deterrent whenever I have to go over there.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:28 PM

just an update, the cherokee was deemed a total loss by insurance and there is no way i have 8K to fix it up. its a damn shame the jeep has to go but I don't have much of an option.
police said that these jeeps are really easy to steal, they popped my ignition out and started it with a screwdriver. if you park you jeep on the street, get a steering wheel bar. i wish i would have done that earlier. I spent a couple hours with my baby in the impound lot in NE today just to say goodbye. The XJ will be missed.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:32 AM
CF Veteran

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0L

Sorry to hear about that. I know how easy these cars are to break into as I have broken into mine several times before because I locked the keys in it. That hidden fuel switch seems like a really good idea. Steering wheel bars can still be gotten around. You should get one of those things that go on the pedals. so you can't push it down at all.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:20 AM

damn that sucks.