North Atlantic Maine, New Hampshire, New York, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Washington DC

Jeep Jamboree (anyone going? which one?)

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Jeep Jamboree (anyone going? which one?)

Anyone here going to a jeep jamboree?

I went last time and had a great time. I went to the maine mountains last year. There were 120 jeeps there, and only 3 of them were xj's, I think there were 2 zjs, and the rest were cj,yk,tj,jk. Mostly TJ's with a close second of JK.

trails are rated so you don't have to break your stuff if you don't want to, its a little pricey but def worth it in my mind, they also sell out usually the frist day they go on sale. I'm headed to the maine mountains again this year, just seeing if anyone else will be there, or at different one.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:14 PM
☠ CF Sheriff ☠

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0L HO I-6, 703 Injectors, Brown Dog Super Engine Mounts

It's crazy expensive for what you get IMO. I can wheel at Rausch in PA almost every weekend for an entire year for that price...and not be stuck in a gigantic group of n00bs
Old 08-13-2012, 10:26 PM

Engine: 4.0 High Output

Originally Posted by dukie564
It's crazy expensive for what you get IMO. I can wheel at Rausch in PA almost every weekend for an entire year for that price...and not be stuck in a gigantic group of n00bs
OUCH!! I'm a n00b! This is my FIRST jeep ever..
Old 08-14-2012, 08:01 AM
☠ CF Sheriff ☠

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Engine: 4.0L HO I-6, 703 Injectors, Brown Dog Super Engine Mounts

just trying to say you learn more if you ride with a group of experienced guys than with a huge group of newcomers. You'll move faster and have more fun also. I think they do like groups of 10-15 jeeps - that's a LOT for a group to move efficiently, even if they were all experienced, which they won't be.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:34 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by zombiegirl827
OUCH!! I'm a n00b! This is my FIRST jeep ever..
Yeah you are a nOOb lol
Old 08-14-2012, 02:38 PM

Engine: 4.0 High Output

Originally Posted by Tattookid85
Yeah you are a nOOb lol
First you forget about me now you are beating me up cause I am a n00b!! i give up hahahaha
Old 08-14-2012, 03:39 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

agreed. I went last year and had a great time. The guides rate the trails and inspect the vehicles and won't let you go on a trail if you or your vehicle isn't ready for it.

I signed up for some 7/8 rated (out of 10) trails I was in a group of 10, 1 yj on 37s, my xj on 34"s, an L7 on 35s, and 7 tjs on 35s. Everyone in the group had wheeled plenty, had front and rear lockers, most had winches. We wheeled some really cool trails, if you didn't make an obsticle you got 3 tries then you winched or got pulled.

if you go for the lower rated trails you'll be with people close(r) to stock with smaller tires. The trails won't be as intense and the guide will probably have winches and highlifts if you don't

it is a lot slower than just wheeling with a buddy, but you get to see a lot of different rigs and find out whats good at what. I got 1000x more respect for goodyear MTR's with kevlar watching them wrap around rocks and climb what swampers at the same pressure bounced off.

also your with a bunch of other people that wheel, and wheel jeeps. If something breaks there's probably more than 5 people that have fixed it before in the group. and a good amount of spare parts / fluids are interchangeable.

it is expensive, but it includes all the food and there are usually a lot of cool give aways at the end that could potentially be worth a lot more than you paid to go. (there was a winch, GC for a set of bfg tires, $1500 off hemi swap cupon, lots of little cupons and gift cards ect), More importantly to me is that i get to wheel those trails. There are parks around that i can go to, and i have, but i've been there and done that so its nice to get some new scenery once in a while even if it does cost a little more.

so i guess no one goes, so i won't be surprised when i'm one of the only xjs again.