Jeep Meet GA April 2012

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Jeep Meet GA April 2012

OK guys, I am starting this thread so we can solidly set a date for a meet. I think a Saturday or even Sunday in early April would be good. That would put us for April 7 or 8.

I have heard there is good wheeling in Durhamtown and I agree with the idea to meet at the Costco. I'm assuming we mean the Costco at the Mall of Georgia (1550 Mall of GA Blvd, Buford GA). Late morning, say 10am meet, roll out to Durhamtown in convoy after a meet and greet?

What does everybody think? This seems like a pretty central and decent location to get all of the ATL cherokee guys out plus accommodate you OTP types.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:14 PM

This plan sounds good to me. Let's plan to be there at Costco around 9-9:30 am then head out around 10-10:30 am. On the 7th. This way those who plan to camp get to and still convoy down. Lets get big with this they can handle a 100+ Jeeps. I've wheeled at d-town and there's stuff for everyone from stock to just plan sick trailer queens. Get all your Cherokee buddies together!!

HEEP!!!!!!!!
Old 03-26-2012, 05:25 AM

Cool. What's this about camping? Is there a site at durhamtown? Any fishing?
Old 03-26-2012, 07:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It would be Easyer for me to meet y'all there because I'm 90 miles from d town and 180 from the mall of ga
Old 03-27-2012, 07:01 PM

Completely understand if you want to meet us there do to you living closer. Ill post are leave time sat morning so all that plan to meet us there will know about what time we will be getting there.

There are tons of camping options at d-town. They have places to set up big tents to little pup tent's. They also have cabins for rent with all different kinds of amenities from full out loaded to just a bunk bed.

Ok so I'm getting in touch with them down at d-town to let them were coming. I'm going to tell them well try to have around 50 Jeeps so lets try to get at lease that many!!!

Boy am I excited! Really looking forward this!!

HEEP!!!!!
Old 03-27-2012, 07:35 PM

I'm excited too, I'm in Warner robins which is pretty far from atl
Old 03-27-2012, 10:31 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1996
Engine: inline 6

Very cool sir glad you made this thread and the date sounds good and yes the costco at the mall of georgia i know the store manager there so we will be ok to assemble the armada there and i wanna say be there around ten and we willl head out around 11 i wanna get pics of all the the jeeps there drivers and so on i even wanna get pics of us all in line lets make this epic guys!!!

and yes durhamtown is a great place for everykind of cherokee stock lifted sick and insane lol BUT keep in mind you will need to get over getting muddy other then that its all good there!!!!! trails are nice and wide and if you guys want maybe we can do a cook out there also ???????????????
Old 03-28-2012, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by longshot4612
Very cool sir glad you made this thread and the date sounds good and yes the costco at the mall of georgia i know the store manager there so we will be ok to assemble the armada there and i wanna say be there around ten and we willl head out around 11 i wanna get pics of all the the jeeps there drivers and so on i even wanna get pics of us all in line lets make this epic guys!!!

and yes durhamtown is a great place for everykind of cherokee stock lifted sick and insane lol BUT keep in mind you will need to get over getting muddy other then that its all good there!!!!! trails are nice and wide and if you guys want maybe we can do a cook out there also ???????????????
Cook out sounds like fun... any idea on the costs involved at Durham? (Wheeling, camping, etc)

Also, my transfer case linkage is bent and I removed it... don't know where I put it. So... I may be 2 wheel only when I come up, which means I may not get too crazy with the wheeling, even though I really would like to! I suppose I could crawl under her and stick her in 4wd manually though!
Old 03-28-2012, 10:35 AM

OK, so far we've got...

Costco Parking lot, Mall of GA (1550 Mall of GA Blvd, Buford)

Saturday, April 7

10am meeting

11am roll out .

If anyone could come forward with pricing or a contact number for the camp site it would be much appreciated to help me budget for this.

Thanks!
Old 03-28-2012, 09:58 PM

2350 Randolph Church Rd
Union Point, GA 30669. 706-486-4603 or 706-486-2494. GPS Coordinates: N33 40.333 W82 59.894

DO NOT USE MAPQUEST OR YAHOO MAPS

They will lead you in directions unknown to man...

From Atlanta, GA: We Recommend the following route from Atlanta: From I-20 East, Take Exit 130 to Greensboro. Take a left off of the exit (light) 2 MILES At the 1st traffic light in Downtown Greensboro, take a right. Take a left at the next traffic light (The old Hardees building will be on your right) Follow straight for 11 miles through the Penfield Community into Woodville. In Woodville at the caution light, go straight (crossing over Hwy 77 in Woodville.) PEACHTREE STREET Continue on the main road for 3.3 miles to the stop sign. ( Please note: 1.5 miles bear right in curve) At the 4-way stop, take a left onto Randolph Church Rd and go 3.5 miles, Durhamtown will be on your right.

From Augusta, GA: I-20 West to Crawfordville (Hwy 22) Exit # 148, take a right go APPROX 7 miles to Hwy 44. At the 4 WAY, turn left. Go 3.3 miles to Randolph Church Road (1st paved road on right at the bottom of the hill), go 2 miles lodge is on the left.

From Athens, GA: Take Hwy 15 South towards Greensboro - Cross Oconee River Bridge (Iron Horse). Take 2nd Left (Macedonia Road). Go 6 miles - Dead End on Hwy 77 in Maxey's, GA. Turn right and go 5 miles to Woodville. Turn left at caution light Peachtree Street , go 1.5 miles and bear right around sharp curve. At the stop sign, take a left on to Randolph Church Road. Go 3.5 miles and the Lodge is on the right.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by funkyrat

Cook out sounds like fun... any idea on the costs involved at Durham? (Wheeling, camping, etc)

Also, my transfer case linkage is bent and I removed it... don't know where I put it. So... I may be 2 wheel only when I come up, which means I may not get too crazy with the wheeling, even though I really would like to! I suppose I could crawl under her and stick her in 4wd manually though!
I do believe I have a spair linkage that's all good. Its all yours if you want. My name is Joe ill be in a blue 96 Cherokee on 31's winch bumper no winch. Lol I'm going to put my hands on it now and put it in my Jeep. Ill post if I can't find it. We should be able to hook you up in the parking lot before we head out if you want to plan on being there a little early ill do the same to help hook you back up.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:35 AM

I also got a set of new brake pads for the front that are supposed to fit the grand Cherokee but not my overland. If anyone wants them I'm going to bring them
Old 03-29-2012, 05:14 AM

Found it. Its in the Jeep now.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:16 AM

Any update on prices?
Old 03-29-2012, 10:36 AM

Year: 15
Engine: 3.6

Anyone wanna lend a hand putting my 44HD in this weekend, so I can make it next weekend?

Quick Reply: Jeep Meet GA April 2012