Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 01:10 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Trails near Cleveland Oh?

I live outside of cleveland and can't really seem to find any trails within a couple hours. I have spring break coming up and ill have 2 or 3 days where i took off work so i would really like to get out and take my jeep for a test!
anyone got some suggestions?
Old 03-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0 I6 HO

you said a couple of hours...near youngstown there are some very medeoker trails, not even worth an hours drive. wellsville i believe is closing, and if you are looking to drive south through the whole state, there is always painted rock ohv.

my suggestion would be jeep skool though. its fairly new and blast to go to. its in garritsville so its not that far of a drive. i would highly recommend it to anyoe in the area. if you check out their website (www.jeepskool.com) and decide to go, hit me up! i just went this past weekend and it was my first time. i would love to go again real soon if you are up for it.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:35 PM

hey man what part of cleveland are you from? i live in the east side suburbs right by mayfield. always lookin for people to wheel with!
Old 04-25-2009, 08:09 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0

Westside, in Westlake.
There are a few cherokees here and a bunch of wranglers a couple i go to school with that definitely wheel, ill still have yet to ask where they go though..
Old 06-06-2009, 02:25 AM

Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0 I6
Default Cuyahoga County

There was a place in Cuyahoga Falls (near Akron) called Mud Run that I use to go to in my XJ. Basically, it was near old 8 and the new route 8 close to Steels Corner Rd. That was fun.

How about any places along Lake Erie or outside of Cleveland? I remember taking mine out in the water and beaches near Sandusky while going to Cedar Point. And I think there were some places out near Punderson State Park out east. If I remember right, there was a place in Rocky River that I went to once. You could even try going to the Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area since there is a huge valley between Cleveland and Akron.

Take 271 south out of Cleveland and try somewhere off route 303 where the old coliseum use to be. If you find Virginia Kendall near there, that is cool. You can do some fishing and rock climbing near there too. Let me know if you have any other questions.

A few years back I moved out of Cleveland. Living in Phoenix, Arizona and there are trails everywhere out here.

Good luck!