Great Lakes Wisconsin, Illinois, Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan

Trails in GH, SL, Muskegon areal... listings and directions!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.7
Exclamation Trails in GH, SL, Muskegon areal... listings and directions!!!!

Though it could be nice to have a list of trails around here. Just the places I know, add if you know more!! As long as they are within like 2.5hrs from here let us know!!! A few of these trails can get VERY deep mud holes, don't go down them alone.... I have been down a few where one day it is 1' deep and a few days later the same hole is 4'+...... and a few I have not been too but look good on the sat maps......

Anyone want too add PLEASE do!!!

I know:

1. Buchanan Rd (Grand Haven) http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=Z9LH4...J0b3A9MH4wfjB+
  • about 1mile long, can get some deep holes after rain
  • Corner of 144th Ave & Buchanan to the east
  • may or may not be legal..... sign says yes and no.... never gotten in trouble tho
2. Dana Ln Dunes (Grand Haven) http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=Z9LH4...9wPTB+MH4wfg==
  • Haven't been here yet
  • End of Dana lane (to North) of Ferris St
3. Sullivan (Fruitport/muskegon) http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=Z9LH4...RvcD0wfjB+MH4=
  • Fun road with dunes and mud holes, runs to east and west of Maple Island Rd
  • Look for dirt roads in between Sternburg Rd and Hile Rd..... hard to see but lots of room to play!
4. Quarter Line Rd (Fruitport) http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=Z9LH4...9wPTB+MH4wfg==
  • Can be fun after lots of rain, pretty short
  • Between Fruitport and the lakes mall, Pontaluna Rd go east, turn south on Quaterline Rd to south.
5. Jensen Rd (Muskegon MI) http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=Z9LH4...RvcD0wfjB+MH4=

• VERY deep holes...... I quit after 1. Will dry up during the summer between rains
  • At the end of Jensen look for a small road on the left side of the dead end, directly to the right of the entrance to the farm fields!

~~~~ And a link to the DNR site for ORV/ATV trails, lots of jeep trails here..... nothing real close though. http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7...8330--,00.html

Last edited by old_red_limited; 03-28-2011 at 10:35 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:21 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1993
Engine: 4.0L High Output

The only thing I can say man is make sure the land is not private property and if they aren't marked trails by the dnr more than likely they are illegal just gotta be careful they are not alot of legal places to wheel in michigan and the fines are hefty if your caught also not to mention the bad rap on your fellow offroaders just be very careful

definitely wouldn't mess with number 5 anymore any mention of farm fields is bad news

Last edited by RealDealOffroad; 03-30-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:46 PM
Seasoned Member

Engine: 4.0l IL6
Default Sullivan is Closed to Motor Vehicles

Not to be a bummer, Sulivan township park is closed to motor vehicles. There are no signs or markings that say so ( I found myself back there without knowing), but these guys are working at getting it open again.

http://www.glfwda.org/
Old 03-30-2011, 09:03 PM
Seasoned Member

Engine: 4.0L High Output

It sucks more and more **** is being turned against us thats why it's so hard to enjoy our sport thank god for private offroad parks
Old 03-30-2011, 09:50 PM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0l inline 6

It's the same no matter what you do for a hobbie. People won't see the many doing good, they will see and focus on the few doing wrong.

There are so many 4x4 clubs and individuals doing so much for the safe and proper upkeep of the trails we ride but it's the few people that think a good time is drinking and trashing things that grab attention.

We can only do what we have been doing, fighting the good fight and trying to keep the sport/hobbie in the good light.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Engine: 4.0

I wouldnt blame it all on the crazy drunk rednecks haha... I think alot of it is just younger people that dont really know any better.

Darn kids.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:50 AM

i live right by all those places its closed beause of parties and because one party burnt down half of the forest in the sullivan pines
Old 03-31-2011, 07:58 AM
CF Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Engine: 4.0l inline 6

Originally Posted by miglia-spyder
I wouldnt blame it all on the crazy drunk rednecks haha... I think alot of it is just younger people that dont really know any better.

Darn kids.

Darn Kids!!! I knew it, I knew they were at fault. I say we ban the youngsters/hoodlems from the sport. They shall be kee hauled......LOL!!

It's more fun blameing the rednecks, their a tough lot and they can take it>>>>>>(wildspear looks in the mirror....darn it where did that redneck come from....) lol

Didn't mean to highjack by the way,just got off topic.

Great and useful list.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:58 PM

Yeah they just put the signs back up at Sullivan. I'm gunna go to the city and ask if I can go back in there is I leave with a load of trash...... might let me then and I need to do a dump run anyhow! That and right at the entrance there is about 50 tires and a damn spa......:icon_ev il:

#5 is legal as long as you stay directly on the road, no going around anything. The second you do the farmers will call the cops. And thats per a Grand Haven Police Officer

But yeah, do them all at your own risk, and don't trash them.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:00 PM

I know alot of younger kids with big trucks around here thru my brother in law....... every single one of them don't give a hell about where they go, always throwin trash/beer cans, tearing new trails, I like to yell a bit when that happens. Then the show up and my fishing holes and do the same crap..... makes me SOOOO mad!
Old 03-31-2011, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by kline
i live right by all those places its closed beause of parties and because one party burnt down half of the forest in the sullivan pines
I don't doubt it.... maybe they wont care soon since all the forest is getting chopped. Have you seen the logging there!?!?!?!
Old 04-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Seasoned Member

Engine: 4.0l IL6

I guess its kind of a hippie saying, but "Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints" and tread lightly.

I have found myself in places I wasn't supposed to be, it sucks, I just looking for places to wheel. It turns out abandoned rail road tracks are not legit, but I apologized, and cop said it was fine just don't come back. I have not returned since.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Engine: 5.2L MPI V8 (318)

I'd agree for the most part about the "kids" comment, but I'm eighteen years old myself, and I follow the tread lightly concept pretty heavily and apply it whenever I wheel. The younger generation isn't always to blame, even though sometimes they are. Just like the other poster. People won't see the good group, they will only yield attention to the bad group.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by CherokeeCountry
I'd agree for the most part about the "kids" comment, but I'm eighteen years old myself, and I follow the tread lightly concept pretty heavily and apply it whenever I wheel. The younger generation isn't always to blame, even though sometimes they are. Just like the other poster. People won't see the good group, they will only yield attention to the bad group.
Last part is very true.

Just make sure you tell anyone that's doin stupid **** to clean up there act!

I used to be the same way, then had kids and it mad me realize that if I don't take care of things my kids will never get to enjoy those same things as I do