Great Lakes Wisconsin, Illinois, Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan

STOLEN: White XJ 2dr, CHICAGO

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default STOLEN: White XJ 2dr, CHICAGO

Any chicago area jeepers please keep an eye out for my truck. It was stolen today from an outdoor parking lot downtown chicago. Its a white 94 Xj cherokee sport 2dr, 4" rc lift, 31" trxus m/t's. There's a 4wdfactory.com sticker on the windsheild, yukon gear stickers on the side windows, and a grenade sticker on the back window. thanks
Old 02-14-2011, 09:34 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 91 Limited

damn man, that sucks! If it makes it was to Cleveland Ill do something!
Old 02-14-2011, 09:44 PM
Just That Awesome

Year: 1993
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

plate would really help
Old 02-14-2011, 09:48 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000

ill keep an eye out around the south side and NWIN
Old 02-14-2011, 09:53 PM

it has illinois plates K439844

thanks
Old 02-14-2011, 10:11 PM

Year: 1987,1990,1992

Wow that bites! Hope you get it back soon!
Old 02-15-2011, 06:22 AM

Year: 1997

Are you sure it was stolen and not towed??? because it is downtwon and they love towing cars over there lolz

I dont see that many jeeps get stolen...actually ive never seen or heard of one getting stolen
Old 02-15-2011, 06:59 AM

Year: 2005
Model: Grand Cherokee (WK)
Engine: 5.7 Hemi

Will keep on the look out up by me. Hope it turns up in one piece!
Old 02-15-2011, 09:29 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 2000

Originally Posted by BlvdKreeper
Are you sure it was stolen and not towed??? because it is downtwon and they love towing cars over there lolz

I dont see that many jeeps get stolen...actually ive never seen or heard of one getting stolen

Since i joined this forum i have seen 2 or 3 stolen jeeps in Chicago land area threads get started

it would be a good idea to call around to some tow yards and make sure its not there though, some one could have stole it and ditched it

also keep an eye on Craig list for any parts for sale that you had on there i have heard story's of cars getting stolen and parted out on CL
Old 02-16-2011, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by REWSTER
Since i joined this forum i have seen 2 or 3 stolen jeeps in Chicago land area threads get started

it would be a good idea to call around to some tow yards and make sure its not there though, some one could have stole it and ditched it

also keep an eye on Craig list for any parts for sale that you had on there i have heard story's of cars getting stolen and parted out on CL

thats how i found my old car.a honda civic.it got stolen and two days later i found it at the city impound.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:31 PM

Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0L l-6

I'll keep an eye out for it, stealin another man's XJ should be punishable by death.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:34 AM

Thx guys. I've been checking the impound yards every day. Id like to hope the truck may turn up, but it was likely stolen for parts as it was rusty with 160k. I'm just looking to spread the word, in the event some of my parts turn up on craigslist, look out for a bro.

31-10.50-15 swamper trxus m/t's on stock wrangler 5 spoke steel wheels all in great shape. This tire isn't very common, so keep a look out for these.
Rough country lift with lower arms, new leaves and teraflex shackles.
The front Dana 30 had brand new h.d. axle shafts, inner and outer from iron rock offroad.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:39 AM

Sorry to hear the news. makes me scared to bring my truck to chicago since I drive out there almost every other weekend.
Anyways good luck and Ill keep an eye out round here
Old 04-12-2011, 05:37 PM

UPDATE: FOUND!!!

I finally got my xj back today, they stole the wheels and tires, but that's about it.

So here's the story...
Some scumbag popped the door lock cylinder, broke the steering column, and took off. They took it to their lowlife gangbanger neighborhood on the west side, swapped out the wheels with wheels from their own jeep, drove it a short distance to a more desolate part of town, and abandoned it on a residential street. There it sat for well over a month before a police tow was ordered. Three weeks after the tow, I receive a certified letter of impoundment. The impound yard holds my truck for ransom, claiming I'm am financially responsible for the accumulated storage and towing fees of over $1000. At no point was I contacted reguarding recovery of the vehicle. The Chicago police were beyond neglegent, and refused to come out and fingerprint the interior. On the day of the theft/police report, I asked to have the city surveillance camera aimed at the lot reviewed, and they refused to do that as well. Why do we even pay taxes. I had to request a hearing to see a judge in hopes the city would release my vehicle. He basically said I can pay the inital tow fee of 160 and get my truck back, or get fu*ked. Yes this is the law. The police are required to tow a stolen vehicle, at the registered owners expense. I was not only a victim of theft, but victimized by the city of Chicago also. I share this story with you so we can share the lessons learned here. I was taken advantage of by the thief, but I never thought the system would extort my loss as a source of revenue for the city. Don't let this happen to you!

On a positive note, my jeep is fixable, and although it will cost me some money, its cheaper then replacing and building another jeep.

Last edited by la-zdunck; 04-12-2011 at 08:40 PM. Reason: factual statments may be offensive to some...
Old 04-12-2011, 05:59 PM
Just That Awesome

Year: 1993
Model: Grand Cherokee

Glad to hear you got the Jeep back. I see where they are coming from, somebody has to pay the towing i guess and $160 isn't SO bad. But I agree that they should have at least made an attempt to look at the video or lift a few prints from the handles, wheel, and shifter.

Quick Reply: STOLEN: White XJ 2dr, CHICAGO