Salvage Yards in IL

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 12:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1993
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Salvage Yards in IL

Okay I have gone to a junk yard here called auto acres, And they are just flat out expensive, I don't get it I thought scrap yards are supposed to be cheaper, I am new to the junk yard scene, I never had a yard anywhere near where I used to live, anyways does anyone know of a decent reasonably priced yard in the quad city area, Davenport, Moline, West of Chicago east of Iowa, That doesn't charge $60 for an old cherokee grill. Thanks
Old 04-11-2010, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee

Originally Posted by bhfear
Okay I have gone to a junk yard here called auto acres, And they are just flat out expensive, I don't get it I thought scrap yards are supposed to be cheaper, I am new to the junk yard scene, I never had a yard anywhere near where I used to live, anyways does anyone know of a decent reasonably priced yard in the quad city area, Davenport, Moline, West of Chicago east of Iowa, That doesn't charge $60 for an old cherokee grill. Thanks
There is an LKQ up here in rockford. I can get a whole front clip for like 150 bux there, so I doubt the grille is going to be super expensive. Its a pick your parts kinda place tho. You have to remove the part yourself. Google LKQ and look up rockford IL. Call em and make sure they have the vehicle your looking for parts off.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:40 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 2001

elgin has 2 great yards.

h and h and midwestern auto parts. plus they are right next to each other
Old 04-11-2010, 06:02 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 90

Originally Posted by CrawlinRT
There is an LKQ up here in rockford. I can get a whole front clip for like 150 bux there, so I doubt the grille is going to be super expensive. Its a pick your parts kinda place tho. You have to remove the part yourself. Google LKQ and look up rockford IL. Call em and make sure they have the vehicle your looking for parts off.

And Geneseo is about two hours from Rockford... Calling LKQ many times is just about useless. Rarely do they actually know what vehicles are out in their yard.

There is a place over near the Quad Cities..It was called Rt. 84 Used Auto Parts, or something similar when I went over there a few years ago. It was south of Moline a bit not to far from the river.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:37 AM

Year: 2000

you can try Neal's in Peoria.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:26 AM

Okay thanks guys, I will check into these, I have no problem pulling the parts,
Old 04-12-2010, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by whowey
And Geneseo is about two hours from Rockford... Calling LKQ many times is just about useless. Rarely do they actually know what vehicles are out in their yard.

There is a place over near the Quad Cities..It was called Rt. 84 Used Auto Parts, or something similar when I went over there a few years ago. It was south of Moline a bit not to far from the river.
I have had pretty good luck with this LKQ up here to find general vehicles. If I call em and ask if they have specific parts tho its like a monkey doing a math problem. But I'll use my dakota for an example, I needed a fender and called and asked if they had any dakota's up there between X years, and they said they had 3. Since all the fenders are the same no matter the trim package I would go up there and take a chance the parts were there. Yet if they only had 1, I wouldnt bother hoping there was 1 good fender on it. All about odd. But I dont think Rockford is to terribly far all things considered as other people are talking about much farther places too.

Have you looked on ebay for your grille? I would think that would likely be a decent source for one, even with shipping.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:57 AM
CF Veteran

Year: 1992

the LKQ here list everyday in craigslist they put cars out what cars they put new in yard..

Look in auto parts in your local craigs list... type LKQ in search box...
Old 04-12-2010, 10:10 AM

I am big ebay and CL user it would just be nice to have something local if I needed something, Ill have to give that lkq a try, thanks