Midwest North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota, Kansas, Missouri, Iowa

XTOR Offroad Fab-Coggon, IA- Awesome!

Old 02-12-2014, 05:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L High Output
Default XTOR Offroad Fab-Coggon, IA- Awesome!

Well for those who are interested I found a guy locally that is going to build my hybrid cage. I will post pics in a couple weeks when it is done. He is also cutting and folding my quarters, adding pieces to my bumper to fill the void, cutting out the rockers and welding in 2x4 square tube, building a trail vise mount to fit in my reciever, welding a CB antena bracket on the rear bumper, patching a hole in my cargo floor pan, and cutting out the thin reciever tube and welding in a new HD one. All this is being done for a max of $1,300. XTOR offroad in coggon IA. Look it up on facebook. If your close he is always looking for business. Great guy to deal with. Ive seen his other work and it is quality stuff at ridiculously affordable prices!
Old 05-22-2014, 09:24 AM

Change of heart after the work was done. It was a rushed crappy job.Avoid this guy. There is a reason it is so cheap. Very unhappy with it!
Old 05-26-2014, 09:15 PM

Year: 1994
Engine: 4.6L Stroker

I've never had work done by this guy but looking at his facebook, Not to be a jerk or anything but if your complaining about that work then either you're extremely picky or he is hiding his welds. Because by the looks on his facebook, he wouldn't be showing that off if it wasn't a half way decent job. Pictures say a thousand words and the pictures he has up say it is a pretty decent job.

These are pictures from his facebook of your XJ, And I personally like the way it looks but I wouldn't have the center crossover piece like that, I'd rather have the back seat usable.

Old 06-06-2014, 05:26 AM

Well overall it is a decent job but he cracked my windshield, has overspray in alot of places, caught my jeep on fire, and forgot to do some of the little finishing touches we talked about. I didnt hear anything about the fire till i asked him where my fire extinguisher went. Actually was big enough to melt the cover on the main harness. He told me it would take 3 weeks and three months later i wasnt hearing back from him. He kept telling me he would send pics and never did. I showed up at his shop and the hood was being used as a partial work bench. It also hadnt had any progress made for well over a month. Also the cross supports were not there and neither were the corner down supports. He tried adding less bracing even though we talked about an 8 point cage. Also lost a 8 of my 10 rwar bumper bolts. Drilled a hole wrong in the floor and didnt cap the ends of the roof rack bars. Supposed to be sending all that and a new extinguisher but its been a few weeks and i still haven't seen it. Maybe i am to picky but the fire and broken windshield are not classified as picky. Just my two cents. Only trying to save someone else the same headaches that ive had with this. Also pictures can be deceiving at times. Also ive worked in a service industry for a long time and halfway good is never good enough. Put the best of u in your product. Thats what adds more value to the customer. Give him a try maybe you will have a better experience.

Last edited by wader218; 06-06-2014 at 05:29 AM.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:45 AM

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0

Yeah I will agree to stay away. I traded him a winch that I had laying around for him to build me a bumper. All straight across then when I took my jeep there I was told it would be about 300 to 400. Well thats not a straight trade. Also a buddy had a bigger lift put on his Tacoma and already had a 3 inch on it. Well after getting it done he didnt want to give back the old lift that was not even a year old. I havent heard anything good about him at all
Old 06-08-2014, 11:24 AM

I bought a front axle from a guy that is the vp of the local jeep club. He tells me that his friend has a front and rear bumper that the dip wad made and there are things about it he didn't do right. Hes a heck of a salesman and a crappy business man. Those types of people deserve to be out of business! Hopefully he sends me what he owes me.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:16 PM

Year: 1994
Engine: 4.6L Stroker

Well that sucks. This is why I do my own work. Hopefully in the future I can start something up in Sioux City like that but obviously 100 time better in construction. Just gotta go to one of these auctions of a old shop and buy a pipe bender.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:30 AM

Yep i have the know how to do it and access to the equipment but when a guy says he can do it in 3 weeks which was faster than i could do it i went for it. That and going back to a previous remark pictures are deceiving. This guy shouldn't be in business. I wish i could post all my texts to and from him. So convincing and now so un professional after its all said and done. Still no parts or money he owes me. I think he is under the assumption that because they are off roaders that will get used he doesn't have to do as nice of work. He turned my pride and joy into a Jerry rigged turd. Its getting better now that im getting his screw ups fixed but still makes me sick.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:28 AM

Just to update still no parts he promised me. Also no response. What a jerk.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anybody bought parts off this guy? saw he listed bunches of xj parts on craigslist since im going to des moines this weekend i was going to buy brake booster off him. he said he can install for $20 more. i don't know anybody from iowa figured this guy might be one of you guys wheeling buddy.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:33 PM

Yeah XTOR is a good guy to go through. Makes good products. He made everything right that was wrong. 100% give xtor a try.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slowjunk
anybody bought parts off this guy? saw he listed bunches of xj parts on craigslist since im going to des moines this weekend i was going to buy brake booster off him. he said he can install for $20 more. i don't know anybody from iowa figured this guy might be one of you guys wheeling buddy.
http://desmoines.craigslist.org/pts/4522521147.html
Old 06-29-2014, 08:41 PM

Never bought parts off this guy. I would install it yourself. Not that hard. I did it on a 96.