Four Corners Colorado, New Mexico, Utah & Arizona

Wyat's f-n towing in Denver ...rant.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:28 AM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0
Default f-n Wrecker driver in Denver ...rant.

I had Wyat's towing haul my Jeep back to Bailey from Denver last November after getting it worked on at Crawlertech ...well I had the new Boggers on it for 2 months by then and they never lost any air in 2 moths ,and I had not aired down 2 to trail pressure yet b/c I had not yet replaced the fried trans ,which was why they were towing it ,so I finally did trans just after new years and have driven it about 500-600 miles now and started to notice tires outside lugs falling apart...well I checked alingment and then thought maybe 2 much air so I was going to drop to 20lbs...And found every mf-n tire set at 5-7 psi... I know some wrecker drivers let air out of tires to keep bouncing down ,and since I've never deflated to 5-7 and Ive found no leaks in any tire/rim/stem let alone all 4 I'm certain the idiot let air out for previous reason and never reinflated and never said he did it ,and since 6ply bias tires dont look flat at 5-7 lbs I have now made 5-6 100 mile highway speed runs at 55-65 mph running boggers at 5-7 lbs ...I kick myself for not checking but I stopped b/c in 8 weeks they never lost any air ,and they don't look low and never thought some crack head would drop my tires down to 5-7 lbs .

Last edited by 1tonxj; 04-06-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:35 AM
Honorary Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 upgraded

Sucks to hear. but Bias Ply boggers dont like freeway driving and not to be mean but should have check tires. whether they look low or not, check them often... Most ppl dont and stuff like this happens. my swampers are the same way. i make it habit to check when the jeep is filling up nearly every gas stop..
Old 04-06-2011, 02:38 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by 96_xj
Sucks to hear. but Bias Ply boggers dont like freeway driving and not to be mean but should have check tires. whether they look low or not, check them often... Most ppl dont and stuff like this happens. my swampers are the same way. i make it habit to check when the jeep is filling up nearly every gas stop..
Yeah I should have checked and would have caught it ,but I don't have any air loss in them after weeks of sitting ,So if this driver did not do this they would have been fine ...just bugs me at 500 per tire .
Old 04-06-2011, 02:40 AM
Honorary Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 upgraded

I know the feeling. trust me. I am on set number 3 (soon to be 4 - getting 36's) within in 53,000.

glad you caught it early.

now go wheel the **** out of it is all I got to say. give them some nice trail rash
Old 04-06-2011, 02:52 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by 96_xj
I know the feeling. trust me. I am on set number 3 (soon to be 4 - getting 36's) within in 53,000.

glad you caught it early.

now go wheel the **** out of it is all I got to say. give them some nice trail rash

Shoot I got to see if this 2 inch rigid conduit will fit around my bump stop post tomorrow so I can sleeve and extend post 3 inches to hold my coil on at full drop ...then set limit straps /center limit up so I don't kill my shocks/drive shaft ...hopefully get to run this weekend b/c Jeep will be going away to Crawlertech again for the 4 link ... I'm telling myself if I had bead locks I would have been more vigilant in checking the tires ,as an excuse to pick some up, but however I'm now aware at 5lbs they don't come off even ...lol...at 65mph.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:48 AM
CF Veteran

Received 94 Likes on 85 Posts
Year: 1990, 1999, 2000

i say don't blame anyone till you know the facts.
call and ask, or better yet, pop in and ask if the driver lowered the air pressure. but be polite and civil, don't play the blame game, just ask out of curiosity.
i drive flatbed tow truck, and haul my heeps around and have never lowered the pressure for the reason previously mentioned.

my bias ply iroks lose air pressure due to temperature, so yeah, i check them every time i head out.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:21 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by caged
i say don't blame anyone till you know the facts.
call and ask, or better yet, pop in and ask if the driver lowered the air pressure. but be polite and civil, don't play the blame game, just ask out of curiosity.
i drive flatbed tow truck, and haul my heeps around and have never lowered the pressure for the reason previously mentioned.

my bias ply iroks lose air pressure due to temperature, so yeah, i check them every time i head out.
These 39.5's went on the truck last week of september replacing the 38's .When I got the Jeep on 38's they were all at 5-7 lbs ...I did not know why ,but when the 39.5's went on I had 25lbs nitrogen put in ...nitrogen is not effected by the cold/hot weather ,but since I was curious how well my shyt held pressure b/c of the 38's being low,and not sure why, I every weekend b4 driving until thanksgiving hit them with the tire guage and no loss ever occoured ,so the Jeep got hauled again by same wrecker driver who delivered on 38's ,,but I did not drive it again until after New Years when I replaced trans ,and I've made about 600 miles on them since ...So from sept-Thanksgiving no pressure loss and about 400 miles on them and then for no reason they all 4 tires drop to about 5lbs ,and currrently show no leaks /loss pressure .

If you met the wrecker driver you would know he does not belong driving a truck ,And I don't hold it against Wyat's ,so title should just read dip shyt rookie driver . Last delivery he made he almost rolled the truck on our road ,and called me on my cell while I was driving the semi stating in pouting tone that he was going to drop the truck off 1mi from residence b/c of road I asked him why did it snowed up there ,and his pouty reply "no I just can't make it" I was like you made it b4 and the UPS man does as well as I in bobtail semi ,and you have a light duty 4x4 wrecker ...what's up ,well he was driving up in the ditch not the road ,but was going to leave my jeep 1mi from house for me to have to tow home and hit me full price ...Wyat's took care of by having another driver do his job the last mile...

So I'm sure I am pointing finger correctly .

Last edited by 1tonxj; 04-06-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:18 PM
CF Veteran

Received 94 Likes on 85 Posts
Year: 1990, 1999, 2000

did he use a wrecker or flatbed?
if it was a wrecker, that explains it. those tires are way to big for the spoons, i'm surprised he got it to fit.

he should know better.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:37 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by caged
did he use a wrecker or flatbed?
if it was a wrecker, that explains it. those tires are way to big for the spoons, i'm surprised he got it to fit.

he should know better.

Freightliner flat bed ...Did not realize they were different ,so now on I'll not be callling flat bed a wrecker...but you know if I can get the bobtail up that road his 4x4 sure can make it .