Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Questions for southeastern Utah--MOAB

Leaving AZ heat, headed to Moab for 49 anniversary,planing on 4 or 5 days
in mid October & wife chose Moab over Grand Canyon for a getway. (And, yes she's a keeper) but after 49 years you've figured that out.

Are there local maps & routeing for Whiterim trail,Dead horse & Poison spider that a ol man in a somewhat modified XJ can navigate & not have to have a full blown rock crawler to get around?(overlander touring mode would be a better description) 5 to 8 hr day trips thing---NO CAMPING--

Ive done the tourist thing of all 5 parks & just want to get off road & away from the norm, take some pix,find some solitude, peace & quiet. Mostly interested in Ruins,Artifacts Trails, Tails & out of the way places.

Any help would be appreciated & Thanks in advance.
Belstaff
Old 08-19-2014, 06:27 AM

Year: 2001

You might want to get a copy of Charles Wells guidebook of Moab area trails. He does a great job of describing them and how to get to them. The weather should be nice in Oct. also. There are plenty of day trips to do with Moab as a base, most people do the White Rim trail as an overnighter though. It can be done in one long day though, but the days are getting shorter in Oct. so I wouldn't recommend it. As far as Dead Horse State Park, it is great scenery but no real jeep trails. I always tell out of town guests to go up the Shafer trail to Canyonlands N.P. to the Island in the Sky section of the park, and return via Long Canyon or the other way around. It's a great day trip. Oh yeah! Peter Massey also has a great guidebooks available on the area, they are not as hardcore trails as some of the trails in Charles Wells book. So they might be more suited to the kind of trails you want to do. Have a great trip. If you want any more advice or maybe someone to go on a trail with you, pm me. I would like to go if I'm in town then.

Last edited by bad luck; 08-19-2014 at 06:40 AM.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:14 PM

Year: 2000
Default Thanks

I appreciate the come back info looks as I will miss the fall fling event by one weekend, that would have been fun. I will stick to the plan & get in as much day-trippin as I can but may also cut short & head to Colorado to do some of the ruins there.
The main plan is to do as much time as possible in the Moab area,just to cool a place to rush through.

Thanks again
Old 08-20-2014, 10:00 PM

WOW ~~
Can you share some pics to us~~

推薦連結:
hong kong massage
海外升學
Business English

Last edited by siuling337; 08-31-2014 at 05:07 AM.