Four Corners Colorado, New Mexico, Utah & Arizona

Mechanic near Scottsdale

Old 06-13-2018, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Default Mechanic near Scottsdale

Hi all...looking for a Jeep mechanic recommendation near Scottsdale, AZ that can do a thorough PPI on a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Limited. It's a low mile, low mod, premium price car that I want to get looked at before making the trip out. Thanks!
Old 06-13-2018, 06:53 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by amccullough
Hi all...looking for a Jeep mechanic recommendation near Scottsdale, AZ that can do a thorough PPI on a 2000 Jeep Cherokee Limited. It's a low mile, low mod, premium price car that I want to get looked at before making the trip out. Thanks!
How much we talking here?
Old 06-13-2018, 07:10 PM

Dealer price, $20k. 60k miles, mostly stock and very clean with 3" Rough Country suspension lift and new 31" BFG AT.

I'd like to get a pre-purchase inspection to see what kind of offer I'd like to make.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:36 PM
CF Veteran

Dealer price, $20k. 60k miles, mostly stock and very clean with 3" Rough Country suspension lift and new 31" BFG AT.

I'd like to get a pre-purchase inspection to see what kind of offer I'd like to make.
holy hell man....sure thats low miles, but that and the cheapest lift you can get does not warrant that price...... my god i'm in shock...hell yeah you better get that thing checked out. The mechanic better find parts made out of gold on that thing haha
Old 06-14-2018, 10:08 AM

Oh yeah, forgot to mention it's a Cherokee Limited with leather interior in excellent shape and all service records. If you have examples of unmolested and excellent condition XJs with less than 60,000 miles that have sold for significantly cheaper in the last 6 months, I'm all ears, it will help me determine the value of this one.

However, my experience on other passionate car forums is that the community usually balks at the current market rates of prime examples of the vehicles they love, usually based on past market prices, and their frustration with rising popularity and prices.

I'm thinking this truck is worth closer to $15k but a PPI will help me determine that...really hoping someone chimes in with a good shop.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:28 PM
CF Veteran

Oh yeah, forgot to mention it's a Cherokee Limited with leather interior in excellent shape and all service records. If you have examples of unmolested and excellent condition XJs with less than 60,000 miles that have sold for significantly cheaper in the last 6 months, I'm all ears, it will help me determine the value of this one.

However, my experience on other passionate car forums is that the community usually balks at the current market rates of prime examples of the vehicles they love, usually based on past market prices, and their frustration with rising popularity and prices.

I'm thinking this truck is worth closer to $15k but a PPI will help me determine that...really hoping someone chimes in with a good shop.
ok but thays nowhere near market price.....have you seen anything out there for close to that price? Probably not.... i'm thinking the 10k at max.....but again, people that are willing to do whatever it takes to get the one they want will pay whatever is asked......if tou absolutely just must have one and this is the one you want, by all means drop 15k on a 20 year old vehicle that really isnt all that collectable. You will be paying collector value for a vehicle that was extremely mass produced and isnt all that rare or desired.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:57 PM

Here's all the additional ones I could find, past and present:

58K miles, currently at $13k in auction - bring a trailer (edit - SOLD at $15k exactly)
64k miles, sold at $12.6k - ebay
74k miles, for sale at $12k - autotrader
68k miles, for sale at $11.5k - autotrader
61k miles, for sale at $28.9 (modded) - Davis Auto Sports

That's where I came to the $15k conclusion, with the new BFGs, all service records, higher trim level, nice roof rack with hi-lift.

Last edited by amccullough; 06-14-2018 at 02:33 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:04 PM
CF Veteran

Here's all the additional ones I could find, past and present:

58K miles, currently at $13k in auction - bring a trailer (edit - SOLD at $15k exactly)
64k miles, sold at $12.6k - ebay
74k miles, for sale at $12k - autotrader
68k miles, for sale at $11.5k - autotrader
61k miles, for sale at $28.9 (modded) - Davis Auto Sports

That's where I came to the $15k conclusion, with the new BFGs, all service records, higher trim level, nice roof rack with hi-lift.
again, all those you listed are from bidding sites. Where people who have the coin and just REALLY want a jeep..doesnt exactly mean they were worth that price except to those few bidders.....i just think you can do better. I love me some cherokee, but if o would get something nicer if i was spending over 10k...just not worth it. I would be scared as hell to drive it. No matter what these "collectors" are paying, you get in an accident and the insurance company isnt giving you squat. Of course you could get insurance that is better. But kbb excellent condition with all bells and whistles is still being shown at 6500 to 7000 for what youare describing.....if you really want to spend that much though, get it checked out GOOD. The 00-01 models have certain flaws and defects that make them less desirable then other years.