Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 08:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee(XJ)
Engine: 4.0L HO
Default David Swisher's XJ

Hello Four Corners,
I am looking for a fellow Jeeper. According to the insurance cards I found left in the XJ his name is Daron Swisher and his wife is Courtney. They are from the Fort Carson Colorado area. Part of my job is prepping cars for demolition and his particular XJ came to us today. I have permission from my employer to strip it for parts for my XJ, but I was hoping to find the original owner and talk to him about what he had put into it so I know what I'm looking at.
I understand not wanting to give someone else's personal information away so if you PM me and let me know that you know him I will send you my email address to pass along. I am including a picture of his XJ that I took today so that he can see and verify that I do have his Jeep.

It is a black 1989 Laredo 4 wheel drive. It has a 4.0 l with an aw4 and np242 transfer case. It looks like it's sitting on a 5 inch lift with 33s.

Last edited by Ozark Mountain Ranger; 01-19-2018 at 12:00 PM.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:11 PM
CF Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by Ozark Mountain Ranger
Hello Four Corners,
I am looking for a fellow Jeeper. According to the insurance cards I found left in the XJ his name is David Swisher and his wife is Courtney. They are from the Fort Carson Colorado area. Part of my job is prepping cars for demolition and his particular XJ came to us today. I have permission from my employer to strip it for parts for my XJ, but I was hoping to find the original owner and talk to him about what he had put into it so I know what I'm looking at.
I understand not wanting to give someone else's personal information away so if you PM me and let me know that you know him I will send you my email address to pass along. I am including a picture of his XJ that I took today so that he can see and verify that I do have his Jeep.

It is a black 1989 Laredo 4 wheel drive. It has a 4.0 l with an aw4 and np242 transfer case. It looks like it's sitting on a 5 inch lift with 33s.

soooo yoo just want to tell the guy that your getting all his parts for free, and you want to ask him what parts he put in so you can get all those newer parts or not forget anything?.....
Old 01-18-2018, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Martlor13
soooo yoo just want to tell the guy that your getting all his parts for free, and you want to ask him what parts he put in so you can get all those newer parts or not forget anything?.....
I mean if it were me id be happy to find out my mangled xj made its way to someone who wasnt just gonna crush it. In fact... its getting blown up once my company is done scavenging it for parts
Old 01-19-2018, 12:16 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Ozark Mountain Ranger
I mean if it were me id be happy to find out my mangled xj made its way to someone who wasnt just gonna crush it. In fact... its getting blown up once my company is done scavenging it for parts
I wouldn't haha... my misfortunes turning into someone else's treasure. it's kinda like rubbing it In their face that your getting his parts for free...I think it's pretty darn hilarious man
Old 01-19-2018, 12:25 AM
CF Veteran

I can just picture the conversation:
you: hey David. Got your xj in for demolition today. Looks like it was a good jeep. What was done do it?

david: oh I had just put an 8.8 with a locker, sye, brand new t case, cowl intake, and a bunch of other goodies. Dammit!

you: oh that's awesome to know! I have an xj as well and my boss says I can take any parts i want off yours before we crush it.

David: wtf are you kidding me!!?? You called me to tell me your taking my stuff that I paid good money for, for free?

you: I thought you'd be happy to know that all that good stuff wasn't going to be crushed.

david: unfreaking believable...at least give me your credit card number or funnel me some money to my PayPal account!!

sorry man I had too I'm cracking up!

Last edited by Martlor13; 01-19-2018 at 12:28 AM.
Old 01-19-2018, 07:59 AM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Year: 2000
Engine: Golen 4.6L

Originally Posted by Martlor13
Based on that pic, I wouldn't really expect to find a lot of high dollar new parts on that rig.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:31 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by extrashaky
Based on that pic, I wouldn't really expect to find a lot of high dollar new parts on that rig.
I know I know, that was an extreme version of the convo. I'm just saying it's funny to want to talk to a guy about the jeep to see what he had replaced or is somewhat new to make sure I grab it haha...and op I'm just poking fun, because I honest and truly think it's funny and I just try and imagine myself in situations like this
Old 01-19-2018, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by extrashaky
Yeah its mostly trashed. Interior is complete gut. I got the homemade bumper off it and probably gonna pull the 2" puck spacers off the front suspension. Dash is nicer than mine and mileage display is about the same miles as mine.