Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 Inline 6 Cylinder
Default Arizona Resources

Hey Gang,
With just acquiring my Cherokee I am wondering which places around the Valley are great resources for purchasing items, getting information, and possible having some of the work done that is just beyond my abilities. Any places to avoid? Thank for your help guys!

Jason
Old 02-15-2015, 03:35 AM

Year: 97
Engine: 4.0
Default Re: AZ resources

I've had several good experiences with 4 Wheel Parts, both at the Mesa store (on Broadway@ Country Club) and the downtown Phx store on S. 7th St.
For most parts I like AMC on Belmont just west of 67th Ave in Glendale. Friendly and helpful service, and decent prices. And...... the lady knows her business!
I try to keep clear of the dealerships, but there are occasions when they're about the only source. I found a decent parts guy (Len) at Superstition Chrysler in Mesa. He actually speaks and acts like he enjoys having you at his counter.
HTH
Bob
Old 02-15-2015, 07:14 AM

Year: 1988
Engine: inline 6
Default parts

thanks,was wondering the same.im in kearny and all i have here is krappa.you guys ever come out this way?
Old 02-15-2015, 02:07 PM

Default Re: AZ resources

Was in Kearney just last week. Took a ride out to the Ray mine viewpoint to show the lady what I used to work on. Then down to Winkleman and back north on 77 in to Globe. Took on Mex food at Challo's there, best food in eastern AZ! Always enjoy the ride back through Queen Creek Canyon, hoping none of those balanced rocks land on me.

Question for you.................
Have you ever found a way in to the Cochran charcoal ovens from the Kelvin side? I know the way in from Florence, but sometimes the river is a bit too deep for a safe crossing. I also know the way in from the Florence-Kelvin Highway, but since the lady has artificial knees, it's a bit much of a hike for her. I know I've met folks at the ovens, who came in from the east, but I never learned the way. Thanks, if you know how to get in from your end.
Bob
ps. if interested, my e-dress is: tinfish1961@aol.com
and before you open a can of worms for yourself, be advised I'm in my mid 70's. Still very active, still get out regularly, still ride a Harley. Just old, that's all!
Old 02-19-2015, 08:54 AM

Default coke ovens

hey bob,roger here mid fifties.went to ovens a few weeks ago,road next to boulders off the kelvin highway,river too high,could see the ovens just not get there!another way involves crossing rr. tracks.not allowed by law and was on a 500 polaris.will ask around for easy route.some cool old mine sites out here too.you have to check out DE MARCO'S in superior,on rt.60 where dairy queen used to be.great italian,good prices,lots of homemade items.520-689-0159.my new favorite spot.1988 stock. what you driving?
Old 02-20-2015, 01:27 PM

Hi Roger, I know where DeMarco's is, but never been in there, will check it out, thanks for the tip.
I like that roof rack, homemade or store bought? Does it give you any problems in brush or with low branches?
Mine's a 97, 4.0, auto, 8.25. Locked front and back, RE 3.5 lift, SYE, and a couple other minor goodies. Gets me everywhere I NEED to be, not everywhere I'd LIKE to be though. I don't have the ability to put up pix, but it's red.
Are you in the Superior area?
Old 02-20-2015, 02:43 PM
CF Veteran

Received 126 Likes on 98 Posts
Year: 1989
Model: Cherokee (XJ)

Depending on what part of phx you are in, I have gotten great service from service techniques in chandler. They know my 89 XJ better than just about anybody else I've dealt with, even the cherokee specific shop in mesa (knuckle busters).

www.virtualjeepclub.com is one of the bigger local clubs, The forum can have some drama, but great place to find and plan trips with others.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:51 PM

Not sure where youre locate but knuckle busters on mesa drive and the 60 is awesome all the guys there really know there stuff. they do custom fab used parts and all kinds of good stuff
Old 02-21-2015, 08:57 AM

Default rack

semi-fabricated with gate/fence parts.home depot,less than 200.00,and so far less than 60 lbs.next want to add lights,solar charger,tube for fishing rods and who knows what.its not done yet.have not had it in the bush yet,i will see what catches and how bad soon i hope.jeep is down,waiting for new tank and pump.found more bad wires that im fixing also.thanks to cruiser54.he has a honey do list from hell!