Northern Rockies Montana, Wyoming & Idaho

NW Wyoming offroad trails?

Old 02-22-2014, 03:19 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999 XJ
Model: Cherokee
Engine: I6 4.0L
Default NW Wyoming offroad trails?

Can anyone recommend anywhere in Wyoming to do some Jeep camping this Spring? I know there aren't any in Teton National Park and wouldn't dare go anywhere forbidden to motor vehicles, but I was hoping someone might know where we could at least camp with a view. I spent a week backpacking in the Popo Agie Wilderness last year and it was incredible. Now that we're hitched, I'd like to show my wife some of Wyoming.

Any recommendations are much appreciated.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:50 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1999
Engine: Golen 4.6 Stroker, AFE Headers, 62mm TB, 24 LB Injectors, Brown Dog kit, HF Cat, 3" Exhaust

Originally Posted by alpine.adrenaline View Post
Can anyone recommend anywhere in Wyoming to do some Jeep camping this Spring? I know there aren't any in Teton National Park and wouldn't dare go anywhere forbidden to motor vehicles, but I was hoping someone might know where we could at least camp with a view. I spent a week backpacking in the Popo Agie Wilderness last year and it was incredible. Now that we're hitched, I'd like to show my wife some of Wyoming.

Any recommendations are much appreciated.
Look up the Morrison jeep trail. Don't go alone. Switchbacks are a little sketchy but its a fun trail! Located by clark Wyoming. Go up clarks fork canyon. Just keep following the gravel road. 36 miles long. Opens May 1st I think. Not quite NW.. But close
Old 03-19-2014, 12:11 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 2000
Engine: I6

Curtis Canyon is right outside out Jackson with a good bit of trails, Tons of places to camp and is nice and close to all the parks and town. There are some really good trails south of Jackson near Bonderant as well. Gros Ventre area is also another option. Just look at maps of Bridger-Teton National forest/ Gros Ventre/ Targhee National Forest and you are sure to find some cool places. Let me know when your coming up here. My wife and I are always down to cruise some trails.