Northern Rockies Montana, Wyoming & Idaho

How is life in laramie WY

Old 09-13-2010, 04:15 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Steph74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Logan, UT
Posts: 500
Year: 1989
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L i6
Default How is life in laramie WY

title says it all
There is an interesting job opening in Laramie that could suit me.
I drove by there several time and the city looked kind of isolated and small...
if anyone here live there, i would be interested to know how is live there.
thanks for the insights...
Steph74 is offline  
Old 09-18-2010, 10:03 PM
  #2  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 14
Model: Cherokee
Default

i lived there for a couple years i went to wyotech there and i notice its a nice place but there again it is also a college town. the wheeling is fun up in the hills from snow to rocks to mud almost anything a person could want. we also for fun would go to ft collin co for some fun and something to do to get out of town its a hour or so drive. good luck on the job
fluffy is offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 09:11 AM
  #3  
Seasoned Member
 
Kmart164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 433
Model: Cherokee
Default

Originally Posted by fluffy View Post
i lived there for a couple years i went to wyotech there and i notice its a nice place but there again it is also a college town. the wheeling is fun up in the hills from snow to rocks to mud almost anything a person could want. we also for fun would go to ft collin co for some fun and something to do to get out of town its a hour or so drive. good luck on the job
Hey bud, how did you like Wyotech? I am gonna be there for Auto/Diesel in 2 days.
Kmart164 is offline  
Old 09-23-2010, 07:28 AM
  #4  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 14
Model: Cherokee
Default

I loved it. I went for auto body and trim and upholstery thinking of going back for auto/diesel and frame straightening.
fluffy is offline  
Old 09-27-2010, 08:44 AM
  #5  
Seasoned Member
 
Kmart164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 433
Model: Cherokee
Default

Nice, well, I'm here now. Not really much to do in Laramie. I got an ORV sticker for the Heep. 15 bucks and it lasts me till Dec 21st.
Kmart164 is offline  
Old 11-10-2010, 11:01 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
99rockies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 867
Year: 1992, 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: inline 6
Default

How far is said wheeling from Laramie? What about other essentials like women and skiing? I might be goingto UW next fall and haven't been to the town in years.
99rockies is offline  
Old 11-11-2010, 10:42 AM
  #7  
Member
 
sd_dragon28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: spearfish, SD
Posts: 184
Year: 74
Model: Wagoneer
Engine: 318
Default

Originally Posted by Kmart164 View Post
Hey bud, how did you like Wyotech? I am gonna be there for Auto/Diesel in 2 days.
glad to know im not the only one whos going to laramie for wyotech

its a small town but its a great place to live. the only problem i found was trying to find a danged apartment for rent up there.
sd_dragon28 is offline  
Old 11-12-2010, 10:11 PM
  #8  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 6
Model: Cherokee
Default Laramie

w
Originally Posted by Steph74 View Post
title says it all
There is an interesting job opening in Laramie that could suit me.
I drove by there several time and the city looked kind of isolated and small...
if anyone here live there, i would be interested to know how is live there.
thanks for the insights...
Windy and cold
tim243 is offline  
Old 12-29-2010, 10:50 PM
  #9  
Newbie
 
ZebraJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Laramie, WY.
Posts: 11
Model: Grand Cherokee
Default

For life in Laramie, ask me I live here. And am a Wyotech graduate.

Tim
ZebraJeep is offline  
Old 12-29-2010, 11:39 PM
  #10  
Seasoned Member
 
mcssls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Rio Rancho NM
Posts: 421
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default

there's also Cheyenne like 1.5 hrs away, we used to go up to curt gowdy state park to offroad, shoot, camp and swim in the resevoirs.
mcssls is offline  
Old 12-30-2010, 04:25 PM
  #11  
CF Veteran
 
mrfajita's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 3,405
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L HO
Default

Originally Posted by ZebraJeep View Post
For life in Laramie, ask me I live here. And am a Wyotech graduate.

Tim
Did you graduate last week?
mrfajita is offline  
Old 12-31-2010, 10:03 AM
  #12  
Newbie
 
ZebraJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Laramie, WY.
Posts: 11
Model: Grand Cherokee
Default

I went in 06

Tim
ZebraJeep is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 02:05 AM
  #13  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 8
Model: Cherokee
Default

I will be attending UW next fall! I have spent some time over my highschool years in Laramie, its okay. Small, but Denver isn't far. So.
saxophonedoctor is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 07:25 AM
  #14  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Casper Wyoming
Posts: 89
Year: 1988 & 1989
Model: Cherokee
Engine: Both I6
Default

Originally Posted by tim243 View Post
w
Windy and cold
Welcome to Wyoming. I live in Casper. 40mph wind is a brez lol

J.
00DCJeep is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 12:10 PM
  #15  
Newbie
 
ZebraJeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Laramie, WY.
Posts: 11
Model: Grand Cherokee
Default

Originally Posted by 00DCJeep View Post
Welcome to Wyoming. I live in Casper. 40mph wind is a brez lol

J.
yep, 30 and under winds is no wind at all.

Sax Dr. Did you attend LHS? when?

Tim
ZebraJeep is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How is life in laramie WY


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: