Pacific Southwest California & Nevada

trabucco canyon/holy jim trail closed?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 04:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default trabucco canyon/holy jim trail closed?

So I went there tonight with theKappy and his freind we were having a good time for a while the we stopped and 2 sherrifs came harrassing us saying there's a sign that says no offroading bla bla I didnt see it neither did john or his friend ... we were told to leave

That is exactly wht I got out of hondas and got a jeep so I wouldn't be harrassed but damn it still happens and who the f am I hurting driving over some dirt or rocks stupid *** police ruin everything
Old 10-12-2013, 10:56 PM

We can drive on the dirt roads..just can't be off on the side on the rocks like we were. .
Old 10-13-2013, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by TheKappy
We can drive on the dirt roads..just can't be off on the side on the rocks like we were. .
I dont see the big deal we are not hurting anybody, nobodys life is in danger we are going 2 mph lol...

i got out of street racing and got into my jeep to stay out of trouble, and to be honest i still get harassed the same any time i go on a dirt road cops are there giving me **** ... bs

we need to find some more technical trails then that
Old 10-13-2013, 07:28 AM
CF Veteran

Received 94 Likes on 85 Posts
Year: 1990, 1999, 2000

serious rule in off roading... keep on the trail. otherwise it does create trail braiding which is noticeable by all and gets many trails shut down.

not to be rude, just pointing out the obvious.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:29 AM
::CF Administrator::

Received 770 Likes on 524 Posts
Year: 97
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.6 stroker

Originally Posted by 96blackxj
So I went there tonight with theKappy and his freind we were having a good time for a while the we stopped and 2 sherrifs came harrassing us saying there's a sign that says no offroading bla bla I didnt see it neither did john or his friend ... we were told to leave

That is exactly wht I got out of hondas and got a jeep so I wouldn't be harrassed but damn it still happens and who the f am I hurting driving over some dirt or rocks stupid *** police ruin everything
Originally Posted by TheKappy
I dont see the big deal we are not hurting anybody, nobodys life is in danger we are going 2 mph lol...

i got out of street racing and got into my jeep to stay out of trouble, and to be honest i still get harassed the same any time i go on a dirt road cops are there giving me **** ... bs

we need to find some more technical trails then that
So you go off of a marked trail, and it's the cops fault? You get harassed because you break the rules, plain and simple. Act like a jackass and you'll be treated like one. Do the off road community a solid and go back to ricers before you get all our trails shut down. And as far as more technical trails go, you are in the foothills of Orange County, what were you expecting, Moab? More like latte sipping minivan moms going for a jog....
Old 10-13-2013, 02:45 PM

Engine: 4.0 I6

The city bought the land and band off roading there last year. They are going to start development in there for police and fire training. But I did hear they are going to reopen black star canyon.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:02 AM

wow to some of your replys make me feel welcome here thanks...

just to state the ****ing truth... we were not off of the damn trail, we were to the side of it... which lead us there by another trail.. we were on a flat fire road and all the challenging stuff was on other trails that led off the fire road which is where we were at...

its not like we just drove off the main road and were mobbing wherever we wanted, we followed a trail through a small rocky trail that led back to the main trail, we were parked in the rock trail just bull****ting when the police came and told us to leave which we gladly left with no argument at all, but they were being rude as ****.. saying there is a sign saying no offroading and stuff.. well neither me thekappy or his friend saw that sign because there was a tow truck loading a fj cruiser right in front of it

but still, its not that big of a deal. im not a kid in a jeep, i got out of street racing so i would stay out of trouble and i got my jeep because i like offroading but i dont know what i can and cant do if i see a trail leading from one trail and going back to the main trail i dont see any problem, its not like i just drove off the main trail into nothing i followed a trail

Last edited by 96blackxj; 10-14-2013 at 03:08 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:05 AM

and to those explaining things thankyou, ive been into offroading my whole life but always owned a car, but my jeep is alot of fun i just dont know all the rules yet im still learning
Old 10-14-2013, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by caged
serious rule in off roading... keep on the trail. otherwise it does create trail braiding which is noticeable by all and gets many trails shut down.

not to be rude, just pointing out the obvious.
wow to some of your replys make me feel welcome here thanks...

just to state the ****ing truth... we were not off of the damn trail, we were to the side of it... which lead us there by another trail.. we were on a flat fire road and all the challenging stuff was on other trails that led off the fire road which is where we were at...

its not like we just drove off the main road and were mobbing wherever we wanted, we followed a trail through a small rocky trail that led back to the main trail, we were parked in the rock trail just bull****ting when the police came and told us to leave which we gladly left with no argument at all, but they were being rude as ****.. saying there is a sign saying no offroading and stuff.. well neither me thekappy or his friend saw that sign because there was a tow truck loading a fj cruiser right in front of it

but still, its not that big of a deal. im not a kid in a jeep, i got out of street racing so i would stay out of trouble and i got my jeep because i like offroading but i dont know what i can and cant do if i see a trail leading from one trail and going back to the main trail i dont see any problem, its not like i just drove off the main trail into nothing i followed a trail
and to those explaining things thankyou, ive been into offroading my whole life but always owned a car, but my jeep is alot of fun i just dont know all the rules yet im still learning
Okay, statement in blue is the problem here. You didn't see a sign, but did you guys check a trail report out before you went? All those "little trails" you took were from trail braiding as stated above. Many other people, like yourself, decided to go off the main trail, which makes it look like a trail, but it is not. Didn't see the sign, does that work when you get a speeding ticket? It is YOUR responsibility to make sure you know the rules. For someone who has been "into offroading" their whole life, but not know the rules yet, you have much to learn. As far as the cops go, they deal with people out there all the time for the same crap, and probably get tired of it, and have heard every excuse in the book. Stop blaming others for your ignorance. If you want to learn more there are plenty of places for it out there.
http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Main_Page
http://www.4x4training.com/
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...hp?f=1&t=51647
These are just a few found on google in about 10 seconds. Plenty of info out there, and alot to learn. First thing I suggest is to change your attitude, then start reading. If you truly want to learn more, I have no problem trying to help you, and please don't think I'm just being a dick. I want you to learn and be a productive member of the off-road world. Keep the sunny side up and the rubber side down, man...and good luck.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:15 PM

Hey thankyou very much for that info and when I meant by offroading I meant like ocotillo wells and victorville desert I'm not really used to going on trails outside of the city but you are right i have a lot to learn about it so I don't break the rules and cause problems
Old 10-14-2013, 03:25 PM

Hey thankyou very much for that info and when I meant by offroading I meant like ocotillo wells and victorville desert I'm not really used to going on trails outside of the city but you are right i have a lot to learn about it so I don't break the rules and cause problems
No problem man, we all start somewhere...Google is your friend, search on trail etiquette, off road rules, and preparedness guides, them interwebs has tons of good info out there. Now get out there and do some reading and heeding, have fun and do your part to help keep these places open so we can keep having a great time!!!