Off-Road specific Fabrication parts retail store

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1988
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Off-Road specific Fabrication parts retail store

I posted this on NAXJA too. Need as much input as possible.

I'm trying to gauge the interest in having a retail type store that would specialize in having fabrication parts on-hand. Basically anything needed to repair, modify, or otherwise custom alter your vehicle, with the satisfaction of having the parts in-hand the same day. Dont have to pay shipping, don't have to wait for most parts, and will have expert advice in-store.

Not so much lift kits, and wheels/tires like 4WP, but more tabs, links, trusses, brackets....Stuff like Ballistic Fab sells online. Industrial Metal Supply has tabs, but brackets and Off-Road specific fab parts are hard to find. For myself anyways.

Would anyone be interested in having a store like that around. Somewhere between Tustin, and Lake Forest? Or is there already a store that has these parts in-stock that you know of?

McKenzies is in Anaheim, Kartek in Corona, and ORW has all four stores down near San Diego. It seems as if there is a void in between SD, and Anaheim.

Please post up your opinions/suggestions/comments. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Thank you SoCal.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This sounds very cool but I think you'd have to carry more general and everyday use items to have business everyday. Maybe carry tools as well?
Old 07-09-2013, 09:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 96
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 ho

I agree. As awesome as it would be it doesn't seem like you would be able to make enough $$$ to justify having the store open. Maybe the market is bigger than I think. With sandrails and desert runners maybe it would be worth it.

Maybe fabing some of your own stuff would be the key. They make a ton of cool pre fabed stuff for wranglers. Not a ton of support for xj's. Granted you can get off the shelf stuff lift kits, tires, roof rack etc. Its the little nick nack stuff I think you could sell.

Wranglers have a pretty sick cb mount that goes on the dash. I've seen some bad *** fuel containers that replace the rear side windows. Stuff like that. I'll give you more ideas if you want.