Pacific Northwest Washington, Oregon, Alaska

Can someone from portland oregon help me with my jeep

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Can someone from portland oregon help me with my jeep

I don't know how to install a new radiator can someone help me can pay a little cash. I don't have money to take to shop they want lots lol
Names becca
Old 05-23-2015, 10:41 AM
CF Veteran

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 with all of the noise and clatter

It's not that hard to do yourself. Remove the screws that hold the electric fan and fan shroud onto the upper core support. Unplug and pull the electric fan out. You have to tilt it towards the engine slightly and then pull up. You may be able to pull the shroud up and out now, if not, wait until the core support is off. Now remove the three 10mm bolts at each side of the core support and the two on top of the support. Now look under the top ledge of the header panel, you will see some 10mm nuts. Remove those and make sure the battery hold down bracket is out of the way. Now remove the core support. Now you can remove the radiator hoses from the radiator. Be sure to have a pan under the lower hose to catch the used antifreeze. Squeeze the yellow tabs on the transmission cooler line quick connect and slide the hose off. Loosen the upper cooler line and move it out of the way. The radiator is now ready to come out. Make sure the lower rubber isolator so are in place when installing the new radiator and transfer the upper mounts from the old to the new.
Old 05-23-2015, 12:03 PM

I'm a chick if I knew how I wou k don't post for help are if I wanted to try on my own. Not messing up parts that weren't cheap are something else on jeep.
Old 05-23-2015, 12:34 PM
CF Veteran

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Year: 1989
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by gecky694
I'm a chick if I knew how I wou k don't post for help are if I wanted to try on my own. Not messing up parts that weren't cheap are something else on jeep.
Oh, god. Playing the chick card is a cop out, sunshine. My old buddy Justin, now he's a chick. Always whining and trying to get other people to do **** for him without ever even attempting to do it himself. Justin isn't very popular but I'll admit, he can put a sentence together better than you can. Did you already purchase the radiator and why, exactly, are you replacing it?
Old 05-23-2015, 01:07 PM
CF Veteran

Here's some additional information culled from two other threads started by Becca concerning this same issue. She's got a '95 ZJ (appears to be a Limited but engine is unknown). She recently had the thermostat and water pump replaced... by whom and for what reason is unknown. Following the replacement of these items a leak was discovered (by someone, I assume?) and determined to be from the "radiator" (suspicious? Perhaps). A new radiator was purchased but funds were tapped paying someone to replace the thermostat and water pump (again, I assume). It should be noted that her heater does not work, that is a fact. The rest of this stuff is mostly assumption based on vague information. Proceed with caution my chivalrous friends.
Old 05-23-2015, 01:20 PM

What's heater core have to do with having a hole in radiator and it's an inline 6 and shop told me it was radiator ans never said I couldn't pay some one a little cash to help
Old 05-23-2015, 01:44 PM
CF Veteran

What's heater core have to do with having a hole in radiator and it's an inline 6 and shop told me it was radiator ans never said I couldn't pay some one a little cash to help
Was this the same shop that told you a new thermostat and water pump were needed? Did the leak magically appear after they replaced those items or did they replace those items to fix a leak that was actually in your radiator? See what I'm saying?

A clogged heater core can be a strong indicator of the overall condition of your cooling system.
Old 05-23-2015, 01:47 PM

It's not a clogged heat core when water drained inside vehicle it went out I dealt with this before.a shop looked at it and I bought it with bad water pump
Old 05-23-2015, 01:52 PM

Year: 1999

I would recommend going to the wheeling neighborhood forum for your area and asking. I'm sure someone will help you out.
Old 05-23-2015, 01:58 PM

How do I delete all this ****. It's known 4 jeep radiators seals to go out in jeeps. I talked to three people now this happened to
Old 05-23-2015, 02:08 PM
CF Veteran

How do I delete all this ****.
I recommend an eraser.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:10 PM

Omg this is ridiculous. Your rude.this my first time on here and I use my cell and can't find how to delete ****.**** off
Old 05-23-2015, 02:23 PM

Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0 L

Omg this is ridiculous. Your rude.this my first time on here and I use my cell and can't find how to delete ****.**** off
Your the one coming on this forum asking for help and barely giving any information. Your also not willing to learn anything and simply want someone knowledgeable to come fix your jeep for little to no money because your a "chick".

If anyone is being rude/ridiculous here its you....
Old 05-23-2015, 02:24 PM

Lmao I have money to take to shop if I wanna. But cheaper to find other ways to get help.so no need to keep replying with your rudeness
Old 05-23-2015, 02:31 PM
CF Veteran

"you're rude", not "your rude"?

Quick Reply: Can someone from portland oregon help me with my jeep