Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Xj limited seats?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 98
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 I6
Default Xj limited seats?

I know where I can get my hands on a 2000 limited interior. So I've been contemplating removing it and putting it in my 98. Anyone ever do this? I have cloth interior now of course, and I'm thinking for a little under $100 I can have heated power leather seats, that's a pretty good deal. Just wondering if it's a huge pain to accomplish. I imagine the seats will bolt right up but the wiring may be a nightmare.
Old 03-04-2017, 03:20 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1,530 Likes on 1,173 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee (XJ)

Putting a non heated leather interior in my '00. Just the drivers' seat is power. Pretty straight forward as far as that goes. The wiring harness is as far as under the passenger seat. So you need the rest of it to the drivers seat. Plus grab the silver looking thing at position #29. No experience with both seats being power and heated. Be aware that the '00 color is different. To match you really want '97 or '98. The gray being Mist Gray and the tan being Saddle. '99 and up the gray is Agate and the tan is Camel. The shading is different.
Attached Thumbnails Xj limited seats?-fusepanel.jpg  
Old 03-04-2017, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 98
Engine: 4.0 I6

Good info. Yeah I have the saddle interior and I have black headliner I put in a while back and black mats. The limited interior is black so I think it will go well.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:17 AM
CF Veteran

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Year: 1989 xj sport 2dr
Engine: 12 hole bosch Injectors

Alt of accessory plug are there even if accessory is not might get lucky.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:29 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Lancethedance
Good info. Yeah I have the saddle interior and I have black headliner I put in a while back and black mats. The limited interior is black so I think it will go well.
If we are talking about a '00 Cherokee Sport, not a Grand Cherokee, then it is Agate not black. Not having every had a chance to compare the 2 but you do have some black/gray trim in your Saddle interior. Thing is it is probably Mist Gray in your Jeep. In a '99 and up it would be some Agate trim with the Camel interior. So the Agate seat color and plastic trim around the outside of the 2 seats might from the '00 Limited might not match. Whether it will be enough to notice or something you can live with will need to be seen.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:07 PM
CF Veteran

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Year: 01, 99, 98, 98,98
Engine: 4.0

Actually in the saddle and mist grey interiors they had agate inserts on the doors. And the mist grey actually had the top half of the dash in agate and the lower section was mist grey.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:46 PM
CF Veteran

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Year: 01, 99, 98, 98,98
Engine: 4.0

Oh and the saddle interior also had the upper dash in agate. I was going to say that at first but I had to go out and check because for some reason I couldn't remember. And I can't say for definite but I believe the camel interior also had agate upper dash and inserts in the doors. I think the dash pad, cluster surround, steering column cover, radio/hvac surround and passenger airbag cover only were made in one color for all 97-01 Cherokees.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:58 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Waynerd
Actually in the saddle and mist grey interiors they had agate inserts on the doors. And the mist grey actually had the top half of the dash in agate and the lower section was mist grey.
Originally Posted by Waynerd
Oh and the saddle interior also had the upper dash in agate. I was going to say that at first but I had to go out and check because for some reason I couldn't remember. And I can't say for definite but I believe the camel interior also had agate upper dash and inserts in the doors. I think the dash pad, cluster surround, steering column cover, radio/hvac surround and passenger airbag cover only were made in one color for all 97-01 Cherokees.
Waynerd brings up some things that made me research further. It appears regardless of the year or color of the interior the dash pad is Agate. Appears to be the same with the Dash Bezel. But the part I was concerned about was the plastic surrounds of the seats. These appear to be Mist Gray in '97 and '98. In '99 and up Agate. But seeing how a '97 or '98 appears to have Agate trim, regardless of whether the interior color is Saddle or Mist gray, then the seats from the '00 might not look as out of place as I originally thought. Tough to get a handle on what is what looking at all my Jeep parts catalogs. Some place they use the words Spice/Saddle. On other parts don't say the color at all but the part numbers are very similar. One day I would love to line up 4 Jeeps. '97 or '98 in both Mist Gray and Saddle. A '99 and up in both Agate and Camel. Compare them and just get it sorted out in my head just to know.

Last edited by Ralph77; 03-06-2017 at 12:45 AM.