Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Windows/Locks

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 10:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Windows/Locks

Electrical stuff is my worst nightmare. Now that that's out there, I know this is probably a common problem, but I have trouble with my lock button not always locking my passenger side door and sometimes not even working at all. On top of that, the window button on the passenger side and sometimes the drivers side does not work. I'm assuming that I replace the components in the doors on both sides, it should correct the issue, but I'm looking for a smarter, more ideal way of going about this. Just for need know also, I'm driving a 99 two door. Thanks for your time.
Old 05-04-2015, 01:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1995
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by ChuckieLove23
Electrical stuff is my worst nightmare. Now that that's out there, I know this is probably a common problem, but I have trouble with my lock button not always locking my passenger side door and sometimes not even working at all. On top of that, the window button on the passenger side and sometimes the drivers side does not work. I'm assuming that I replace the components in the doors on both sides, it should correct the issue, but I'm looking for a smarter, more ideal way of going about this. Just for need know also, I'm driving a 99 two door. Thanks for your time.
The easiest thing for a guy that hates electrical is to buy a new complete switch assembly on eBay. Or even the whole door panel complete if yours is tired. I bought a set of 4 complete with working switches for about 130 bucks. Your 99 is a little different so the switch may be easier. You may also benefit if you take to door panel off and lubricate the various joints in the door locking system. I did mine while the panels were off, works great now.