Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Warrior Products??

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 07:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L I6
Default Warrior Products??

Was checking out some accessories and was wondering if anyone had any opinions/reviews on Warrior Products gear??
Old 12-09-2008, 08:46 AM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1997
Engine: 4.0 H.O.

What were you looking at getting from them?? I looked at there website and it looks pretty good, but looks can be deceiving!!!
Old 12-09-2008, 09:49 AM
CF Veteran

Received 94 Likes on 85 Posts
Year: 1990, 1999, 2000
Engine: 4.0

i have a wp roof rack. i love it. it's freakin sturdy/heavy and has hi-lift mount, axe and shovel mounts, and two light tabs up front.

it also has the better clamping style that clamps to the gutter rails.

i've loaded mine up with a few hundred pounds and drove hundreds of miles with no problems at all.

i'd buy another, but i'm just gonna copy it and build one for my other xj.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:34 AM

Year: 1998

I bought a basic bumper from them...looks good and was easy to install...
Old 12-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 2000
Engine: 4.0L home brew Snorkle

from my personal taste i dont like the products they offer due to the astitics, but if they fit your look by all means go and get em. i guess i dont think its feasable to buy something i can probably build. like a roof rack or a bumper.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:04 PM
Seasoned Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NO!!! Thats the only thing I can say after I bought a new rear bumper from them. I have an 01 cherokee and ordered a rear bumper from the company and didn't think it would be a problem since I bought my front bumper from the same company and had no problems at all and i thought it looked great. But while I was installing the bumper I had my rear hatch open because of access to the bolts, after it was all bolted up and installed I tried closing my hatch (assuming it would fit since it was for my model) the hatch bounced off of the bumper and flared my corners of my steel hatch out beyond repair. After contacting them and stating my problem they did some research and found out that it was only made to fit a model 97 or older. As of now I am in the middle of insurance claims through there company for repairs to my jeep and also trying to get a refund for my bumper.
Sorry to turn it into a novel but I hope it helps you out when your thinking of putting hundreds of dollars into a company.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:16 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1989
Engine: 4.0L I6

www.JCRoffroad.com, don't need to say any more
Old 12-09-2008, 10:30 PM
Seasoned Member

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0L

Originally Posted by Metmknice
www.JCRoffroad.com, don't need to say any more
Dang man, theres some pretty reasonable stuff on that site
Old 12-10-2008, 07:56 AM
CF Veteran

Received 94 Likes on 85 Posts
Year: 1990, 1999, 2000

Originally Posted by blank87
NO!!! Thats the only thing I can say after I bought a new rear bumper from them. I have an 01 cherokee and ordered a rear bumper from the company and didn't think it would be a problem since I bought my front bumper from the same company and had no problems at all and i thought it looked great. But while I was installing the bumper I had my rear hatch open because of access to the bolts, after it was all bolted up and installed I tried closing my hatch (assuming it would fit since it was for my model) the hatch bounced off of the bumper and flared my corners of my steel hatch out beyond repair. After contacting them and stating my problem they did some research and found out that it was only made to fit a model 97 or older. As of now I am in the middle of insurance claims through there company for repairs to my jeep and also trying to get a refund for my bumper.
Sorry to turn it into a novel but I hope it helps you out when your thinking of putting hundreds of dollars into a company.

sorry, not to be a *****, but you blame the company for that? live and learn, do your homework and research. you should know that jeep made a model change in 97.
so are you saying they make an inferior product then?
Old 12-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Seasoned Member

Originally Posted by caged
sorry, not to be a *****, but you blame the company for that? live and learn, do your homework and research. you should know that jeep made a model change in 97.
so are you saying they make an inferior product then?
I got in contact with the company many times before I bought the bumper and gave them my year and model and they said numerous times that it would fit my model. So I would qualify that as doing adequate homework. And yes I did indeed know that they made a model change in '97, which is the reason I contacted them to make sure it would fit my '01.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:21 PM

Year: 87
Engine: 4.0L

I have there front bumper w/grill guard, light mounts and D rings. I love the look and fitment!!! It installed EZ, direct bolt on!!!! heavy enough for protection but light enough so it doesn't weigh the front end down and for me the price was right!!!!!
Some people say that the stock 6 bolts aren't enough to hold the bumper on if I use the D rings to get pulled out. I havn't tested that thery yet but I'm willing to take the chance. It's a lot better than stock and I'm not a hard corp wheeler!!!!