Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Turnsignals

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Turnsignals

Hi I have a 95 jeep cherokee country. At times I have turn signals and at times I don't. I have checked and replaced the combination flasher/relay under dash by steering column. It appears I do not have individual flashers for turn signals and hazards. The hazards do all the time. All the bulbs are working as well. Should I still replace them all just in case. Not sure what else to check. Except maybe the combination switch on column. Thanks for any suggestions
Old 09-16-2015, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee

i have a 2001 jeep cherokee sport. my turn signals and hazards went out without warning. i changed the relay under the dash and the turn signal switch on the column. i still do not have signals or hazards. Is it as simple as replacing a fuse first? If so, does anyone number the fuse number and where it would be?
Old 09-16-2015, 04:37 PM

Received 268 Likes on 186 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee (XJ)
Engine: 4.0

There are separate grounds for the front and the rear turn signals. The front ground is under the harness by the air filter box and is attached to the body, the rear is under the left rear plastic panel. Clean and repair ground area and connectors as needed. Check each light socket for corrosion/rust and clean/repair/replace as needed.

A bad front ground caused no left turn signals when applying the brakes on my vehicle...go figure

hope this helps