Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Turn signal issue and other questions in 94 XJ

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 94
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 HO
Default Turn signal issue and other questions in 94 XJ

Hey all, Im new to these forums, i myself had a 89 4.5" lifted xj and the motor blew so its sitting, and about 4 months ago the old lady got a 94 cherokee sport.. Ive been fixing the odds n ends in it before we do extensive mods (well ive put 32"s with no lift with little to no rubbing a lift is soon to come) and ive been working on electrical and i ran into a little problem... its a 94 without airbags (so i just tell them my cherokee when the pull up parts) and well the old multifunction switch broke on it so i went out to replace that, but the little metal piece that screws on the multifunction switch and pops into the blinker stalk was broken in half as well (looks like it was previously brazed as fix) and I cannot for the life of me find it, ill have to take some pictures of it if you dont know what I am talking about.. I went to the junkyard and pulled one out of a i want to say 88 or 89 cherokee and it wasnt the same which really confused me.... Any help is definitly appreciated.... Also too add the drivers rear window doesnt want to go down, but i cant find a short, and the motors still good, and the power locks dont want to work... Ive always worked on my dodge ram so cherokees are still kind of new to me... sorry about the long paragraph
Old 09-08-2011, 11:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0l

well Im pretty sure the 89 had different parts than the 94, and as for the window switch does it only work from the drivers door?because cherokees are notorious for that problem with the door switches.And welcome to the forum!
Old 09-13-2011, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 94
Engine: 4.0 HO

Doesnt even work with the drivers door switch, the front pas window wont go down on that door switch, but will on the driver door switch panel