Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

trans cooler lines and fan

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default trans cooler lines and fan

hey guys how it going im new to this forum ive been into jeeps for a while but just bought my first cherokee its a 2000 sport with 60k miles and a 6.5" lift on 33s i got it for 300$ because it needs alot of front end work it was hit. two things i need to replace are the tranny cooler lines and the mechanical fan. i was just curious will pretty much any mechanical fan off a 4.0 work? ive heard some systems have reverse rotation im not reallly sure also i need the two tranny lines coming from the tranny and go into the radiator one is a screw in and has like a pinch clip on the other end the other line has clips on both sides. i have went to many auto parts stores and they either dont list them or online all the trannylines dont look anything like mine got any clue why or suggestions on buying them? thanks all
Old 10-25-2009, 05:00 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Year: 1991
Engine: 4.o

Originally Posted by broncodam
hey guys how it going im new to this forum ive been into jeeps for a while but just bought my first cherokee its a 2000 sport with 60k miles and a 6.5" lift on 33s i got it for 300$ because it needs alot of front end work it was hit. two things i need to replace are the tranny cooler lines and the mechanical fan. i was just curious will pretty much any mechanical fan off a 4.0 work? ive heard some systems have reverse rotation im not reallly sure also i need the two tranny lines coming from the tranny and go into the radiator one is a screw in and has like a pinch clip on the other end the other line has clips on both sides. i have went to many auto parts stores and they either dont list them or online all the trannylines dont look anything like mine got any clue why or suggestions on buying them? thanks all
Try the dealer, i replaced mine (98 with tow pkg) not too bad$$ I got them at trade price for under $200 I think. complete from trans to aux cooler and rad.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1994
Engine: 4.0

i dont think mine have an auxilary cooler but yah ill go bend over in front of the local dealership i guess thanks