Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Searched Wobbles... not like mine

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2001
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Searched Wobbles... not like mine

I did search through the wobbles and did not see anything really like mine. I just put a 2 inch shackle and spacer lift on my XJ this weekend. The only thing I noticed is there is a slight wobble when I take off and it only last about a second or two. No real vibrations or anything after that few seconds of taking off. Feels like it comes from the rear and the only issues i noticed after the lift is two things.
1. The rear seems to be set a little higher than the front, and I used the last hole on the shackles and my leafs have no life in them... they are flat.
2. The right side shackle is pushed snug against the tailpipe.

Again its a slight wobble, like a tail shake and only for a few seconds and then goes away. I didnt get it out on the highway, but did get it up to 65mph at one point and did not notice any wobble. It was only 2inches so I didnt think there would be any issues.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:53 PM
CF Veteran

Year: 1996
Engine: 4.0 HO

Did you make sure everything is tight when you put everything back together. Also, were the bushings good? And by the way, your back end will be sagging in 2 weeks just like mine did after I put in the extended shackles. My leafs were flat before the lift and down are arching down due to the amount of stress on them. I'm just gonna get some stock replacement springs and cut apart my stock leafs to use as an add a leaf for the new pack.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:05 PM

Year: 2001
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by 96Cherokee113
Did you make sure everything is tight when you put everything back together. Also, were the bushings good? And by the way, your back end will be sagging in 2 weeks just like mine did after I put in the extended shackles. My leafs were flat before the lift and down are arching down due to the amount of stress on them. I'm just gonna get some stock replacement springs and cut apart my stock leafs to use as an add a leaf for the new pack.
Dude that really hurts to hear... but I kind of imagined it would be like that after seeing the sag. Guess I need to get start looking for some new replacement leafs. I will check the bolts also and make sure they are all tight.

Also the best price I have seen on new leafs is $400. anyone see any better deals?

Last edited by ken72; 03-08-2010 at 10:08 PM.