Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

running ruff after long drives and rear end noise

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1990
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default running ruff after long drives and rear end noise

so every morning i start my jeep let it warm up and drive the 45 miles to work every thing is fine.. but the last couple of days i have had things to do after work so i will drive the 45-50 miles back into town stop where i need to handle my business 10-15 minutes worth and when i go to start my jeep again it runs really ruff sputtering and just sounds like crap seams to run like that for a couple of minutes.. but if i let it sit for a couple of hrs it will not do it.. any ideas would be greatly appreciated i just have no were to start looking.. also unrelated to that problem after longer drives to and from work at low speeds and turning there is a kind of grinding sound coming from the rear end area especially if i try to reverse after coming to a stop you can feel the grinding but only after longer drives does not happen really if i just go to the store or something.. any ideas on that one would be appreciated.. i looked at my drive shaft trying to turn it back and forth and was completely solid no play at all