Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Rear Speaker wiring

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 12:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Rear Speaker wiring

I've got a 1996 Jeep Cherokee SE 4.0L 4x4. It's a super base model, only options were 4.0L, 4x4, and a trac-loc. This was because it was owned by the state of Arizona for the first 11 years and 100k miles, so it's a government base model.

There are no rear speakers, never has been. I was wondering if there's wiring for them somewhere? Taking the hatch panel off doesn't reveal much, some extra wiring for the rear wiper that it doesn't have.

Is the rear speaker wire tucked up somewhere, or is it possible it never came with it?

Thanks.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:07 AM
Beach Bum

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Year: 2000 WJ
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Usually the wire harness is included up to a point. This goes for most all components that were available but not included.
Rear speaker wires could be behind side-panel in cargo area, driver side. This is where wiring for rear end runs. My 1996 had an overhead speaker bar. The wires were run in the top trim piece, over cargo glass, driver side.
This link will give you colors for each radio wire. http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...tail/1210.html