Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Please help with my 95 xj

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Angry Please help with my 95 xj

i dont know what to do i replaced the outer u joints on the front axle i did the drivers side in the summer had this minor problem when i put the axle shaft back in it leaked hub oil out the place where you insert the shaft i took it all back apart and thought i did not seat it properly then when i did that it stoped when i put it back in. well yesterday i took on the task of the other sides u joint and guess what happened its leaking agian and i just spent the past two hours takeing it apart and putting it back together hopeing for the best and it didnt happen does anyone have advice
Old 10-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Registered Users

Year: 91 with lots of 01' parts
Engine: 01' 4.0L

the fluid level is above the axle shaft. when you pull the axle, some fluid will run into the axle tube.

my guess is that you are just seeing this fluid that leaked into the axle tube when you pulled it.

i would rinse the axle tube out with a hose pretty good. the go drive your jeep for a bit.

look at it tom. morning and see if there is any new fluid there. if there is, you need axle seals. if there is none, then it was just the residual fluid i was talking about.

hope this helps!!!!!
Old 10-23-2009, 07:10 PM

its just a little bit like barely any just a little puddle sitting on the nuckle above the lower ball joint i mean i could wipe my finger on it and i would get it all
Old 10-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Registered Users

Year: 91 with lots of 01' parts
Engine: 01' 4.0L

i would still do the same thing.