Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Please help! code P1694 No CCD message from PCM- Aisin Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L
Default Please help! code P1694 No CCD message from PCM- Aisin Transmission

Need some help please. This started a few weeks ago. I was driving my 2000 XJ and turned on the AC and it died at a stop light. Got it home and again turned on AC and it died again. I haven't been able to start it since. It will turn over but not fire up. I check fuel pressure and that was fine. Checked voltages on all fuses and that was fine. Put in a new crankshaft position sensor and new camshaft position sensor...didn't help still no spark. Checked ohm on coil pack and it is perfect and functional. The coil pack plug is getting proper power and start signal.

Today I finally got ahold of a code reader. At first it showed no code, but orange light. I turned the AC on and then off again and then the code P1694 No CCD message from PCM- Aisin Transmission.

Does anyone have any info on my next step for fixing my Jeep. It is a snowy day in Texas and snow worthy vehicle is dead in my driveway. Please help!
Old 02-28-2015, 09:41 AM
CF Veteran

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts
Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0

Originally Posted by G-Funk
Need some help please. This started a few weeks ago. I was driving my 2000 XJ and turned on the AC and it died at a stop light. Got it home and again turned on AC and it died again. I haven't been able to start it since. It will turn over but not fire up. I check fuel pressure and that was fine. Checked voltages on all fuses and that was fine. Put in a new crankshaft position sensor and new camshaft position sensor...didn't help still no spark. Checked ohm on coil pack and it is perfect and functional. The coil pack plug is getting proper power and start signal.

Today I finally got ahold of a code reader. At first it showed no code, but orange light. I turned the AC on and then off again and then the code P1694 No CCD message from PCM- Aisin Transmission.

Does anyone have any info on my next step for fixing my Jeep. It is a snowy day in Texas and snow worthy vehicle is dead in my driveway. Please help!

Does your voltmeter and fuel gauge work when you turn the ignition switch to RUN (before cranking)?

If the voltmeter works, what voltage are you seeing?
Old 03-01-2015, 03:46 PM

All the dash cluster works. Volt reader reads normal. I checked the 5v on all plugs today and they all have it. Could it be my TCM?

Last edited by G-Funk; 03-01-2015 at 03:48 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:00 PM
CF Veteran

The issue with the AC is an odd duck.

Try removing the HVAC Blower fuse and see if it makes a difference.

There could also be a problem in the Junction Block.

Just fishing here but every stone needs to be turned over in these strange cases.

Name:  jpgPDC2000_2001.jpg
Views: 1407
Size:  121.4 KB

Also, check the health of your CCD Bus.

See pic below.

You'll need a quality digital Volt/Ohmmeter (not an auto-ranging meter).

Check the CCD Bus termination resistors.

Remove the battery negative post connector.

Set your ohmmeter to 200 Ohms.

Touch DLC pin cavity 3 and 11 with the meter probes.

You should read 60 Ohms. If you see 120 Ohms, a module termination resistor is open.

Next, reconnect the battery.

Set your meter to 20 VDC.

Touch pin cavity 3 (+) probe and pin cav 4 and/or 5 (-) probe. You should see around 2.5 volts. Repeat at pin cav 11 (+). Again, you should see around 2.5 volts. (See schematic for voltage limits.

Do this and get back.

Name:  DLC.jpg
Views: 2564
Size:  1.14 MB

Last edited by CCKen; 03-01-2015 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:05 PM
CF Veteran

Have you cleaned the essential grounds in your engine bay?

Not just look at them, but disassemble the ground joints and clean the connections?
Old 03-01-2015, 10:46 PM

You are very helpful! Thank you for helping me think of other things to check. Removing the AC blower fuse didn't make it start and fuse read and looked fine. Bus checked out ohms and was 2.4v. Originally I thought maybe the AC was to much load and made it die in conjunction with some other problem. What do you think? I couldn't see in the dark to clean the grounds, however they looked fine upon a visual inspection.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:55 PM

One other bit of info that might be helpful. I have only had this Jeep for about 6 weeks now. I bought it from a dealer that restores XJ and sells. They are unwilling to help as it seems. They replace tons of worn parts and they replaced the computer on mine. At the time I thought great a new computer...but now it seems odd they would have had to replace it. Your thoughts?
Old 03-02-2015, 12:36 AM
CF Veteran

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Year: My Jeep is a GMC

I couldn't see in the dark to clean the grounds, however they looked fine upon a visual inspection.
Worthwhile to disconnect the battery & clean all the grounds, could appear fine but corrosion city once you disassemble. Also beware of any wires deteriorated under the insulation or chafed due to rubbing on something. Are the ground wires that terminate by the dipstick tube present?
Old 03-02-2015, 06:19 AM
CF Veteran

One other bit of info that might be helpful. I have only had this Jeep for about 6 weeks now. I bought it from a dealer that restores XJ and sells. They are unwilling to help as it seems. They replace tons of worn parts and they replaced the computer on mine. At the time I thought great a new computer...but now it seems odd they would have had to replace it. Your thoughts?

Check the part number on your PCM. There should be a decal on its side that you can see.

If you have California Emissions (Dual mini Cats) the part number should be 56041 635AE

If you have Federal Emissions (single downstream Cat) the part number should be 56041 64AE

This is with an auto transmission

~~~~~~~~~~

Do you have a Sentry Key Immobilizer System?
Old 03-02-2015, 06:23 AM
CF Veteran

Here's some pics of the essential grounds in the engine bay that you should disassemble and clean. Pic of G101 is of a '99 XJ, w/coil. Your G1-101 is in the same location, sans coil.

Name:  G100.jpg
Views: 1428
Size:  82.7 KB

Name:  G101.jpg
Views: 1590
Size:  92.7 KB

The ground wires at the oil dipstick tube are grounds for the Data Link Connector.