Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Part number from Napa

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Model: Cherokee
Default Part number from Napa

I have seen someplace on this site a part number from Napa for the cruise control component made of plastic mounted on top of the engine at the front left side with vacuum hoses attaching to it. Mine has had the nipples break off and been bypassed, given the part numbers I will replace on my 1989 cj limited.

I believe this has something to do with cruise control as when the hose bypassed it the cruise control stopped<br/>Working. Midas did this when they replaced the exhaust manifold gasket and didn't tell me.

You can see the vacuum hose to the right that has bypassed the component.
Old 01-01-2017, 04:21 PM
CF Veteran

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Year: 90,84
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0,2.5

Idk if it will help, but there are some Renix Vacuum harness part #'s in the link in my signature.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:47 AM
Seasoned Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Grand Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

As Flintstone mentioned, that part is purchased as a complete harness assembly with hoses and grommets attached. There are 2 full harnesses and it is worth it to just replace all of it. You will eliminate vacuum leaks and restore function to those items it connects to.
Here is the link to Cruiser's web page describing the harnesses and the Dorman part numbers.
http://cruiser54.com/?p=121
BTW. Rockauto.com has the best price.