Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

no tail lights/tag lights. what do i do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1991
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0. High Output
Default no tail lights/tag lights. what do i do?

ok so i got the jeep for 400 bucks, and 1 of 3 little problems is no tag light or tail lights/parking lights.i have headlights/brakelights and turn signals, but yeah the fuse for the p-lights blows. obviosly i thought ther was a short, so i got to work traceing and tapeing wires. every time i fixed something i would test a new fuse but the last time i busted out the little prongs that hold that fuse, . i got a chrystler mechanic buddy to take a look at it because its a rig job and the pull-**** is hanging under the steering wheel instead of in the propper place- all he did was start testing wires and must have touched somthing because the parken lights started working! a week later im back where i started with no lights. so i have everything apart right now putting in a toggle switch for the baja lights and figure i should fix the lights 2 since its all apart, but what do i do? im just winging it. i plan to look for loose connections and instal the lightswitch in the propper place but if anyone has any ideas or advice it would really help...
on the back of the light switch thers a little tap- looks like a wire should be there. I tried grounding that tab but got nothen,

Thankz- Jon RAMROD Ramey

Last edited by s00perredneck; 04-26-2009 at 02:21 PM.