Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

new lift installed this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1997
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.6L stroker
Default new lift installed this weekend

I installed a Rough Country 3in full leaf pack lift. I have a death wobble in the front now which I am going to get a trackbar from rockkrawler, an OME SD40 steering stabilizer, and I am going to go through everything else in the front end and make sure it is tight and all the bushing are adequate. With a 3 inch lift do I need to get new LCA's and if so does that mean I need new UCA's as well or can I run stock uppers and aftermarket uppers?

Now to issues in the rear....

To start off with the nut that is welded inside the frame rail that holds in the front end of the leaf spring broke off inside. So I cut a small hole in the bottom (made a existing factory hole larger) and held a nut and washer up in there and bolted in the new leaf spring. when I drive it and that leaf flexs I hear the eyelet of the leaf moving up and down slightly because the hole the bold through to the nut is a little bit bigger that the bolt. Any ideas on how to deal with this???

Also I have major vibs at 25-40 mph (didn't go above 55 cause the death wobble scared the **** out of me) I am going to get the A/A SYE and Tom Woods CV drive shaft combo from rusty's unless someone can tell me a better deal or another way that is easier. I have never taped anything but a woman so I dont know that I am capable of the hack and tap.

any advise would be greatly appreciated

Ben

Old 05-31-2009, 11:29 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1999
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L I6

dont get an sye and stuff yet, figure out and fix the death wobble up front them if there is stiff vibes get a t-case drop kit