Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

new CEL need some help

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Registered Users

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0l
Default new CEL need some help

well i just put my lift in and everything turned out real good untill i started driving it around some and when it gets hot it starts to idle rough and pops. i didn't think nothing of it then today i was riding around town and she threw a code. misfire on cylinders 1 and 6. so after cussing i went to the ol ladys house and relaxed for a couple hours. i just started it and drove home and no check engine light..... all the way home it ran fine with no code. i got home and put it in park and it was still idling rough and popping. i just replaced the plugs and wires (champion copper cores), distributor (the whole thing), cap and button, both o2 sensors, air filter, oil and filter, cat and muffler, crank sensor, computer and coil. o and i did a sye. If it is only doing it when it is hot i was thinking maybe it is getting vaporlocked and i should try flushing the radiator? or a head gasket? I am lost on this one.... and on top of all this i just found out on friday that i have a hernia!!! come on now.... kick me while i'm down!!! any thoughts is apreciated!!! thanks guys