Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

My suspension ideas

Old 07-01-2010, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default My suspension ideas

Okay guys, i have a 98 cherokee. 4 door 4.0. This is a new truck to me but i am not new to off roading, trucks or lifts. My last truck was huge, 06' ram 2500 diesel with 7 inch kit and 38s. Ive mainly had fulll size trucks but got this jeep as a temp. vehicle and to be given to my sister after the new year. she wants it lifted and i will do it for her. i was thinking one of two ways...a basic lift kit for the jeep as high as i can go without needing a sye. Its gonna be for my sister who doesnt wheel. i will run 33s and have no issues trimming. The other option i had was to throw some axles under it from a 1/2 ram when they still had solid axles upfront but im not sure what side drop the cherokees t-case is. If this type of swap has been done does anyone have links to a build? And while im at it, who makes the best valued adjustable track bar? im thinking it might be better to just make one.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:26 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1996
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

In general the limit to avoid a SYE is 3.5", but there is NO garanty, some need it with 1-2". If you are even considering changing axles you might as well do a SYE. 33" tires will require alot of trimming and bump-stopping at 3.5". You will also need to regear. Drop is left side.