Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Mod Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1991
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0L 6 cyl HO
Default Mod Questions

Hi. I recently acquired a 1991 Jeep Cherokee and I have some stuff in mind for it but I wanted ya'lls advice. I want to put some lights on top of it. What is the best brand in your opinion and is it possible to build your own light bar cheaply? I would like to do as much of the stuff to it myself as possible. I also want to paint it black and black it out. How hard is it to paint it myself. It won't fit in my garage so I would have to do it outside unless you all know of another way to do it. Is diy window tinting hard? What are some cool mods one can do himself? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0

Anything you are trying to do yourself, as far as difficulty goes, solely depends upon your abilities and level of knowledge. For some, building a custom exoskeleton for their rig seems an unfeasible task, for others who have fabricating tools ie. welder and chop saw etc this is just a matter of doing it. So if you are good at tinting windows and you have the tools to do it, then should be no problem, if you have the tools and ability to build your own lightbar, no problem. As far as light choices, I prefer Hella brand lights, but that is just my preference. Also, I wouldnt reccomend painting your jeep outside unless you want your paint to end up with dirt, dust, and all kinda flying creatures in it.