Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Light mounting

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1989
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0 Renix
Default Light mounting

I have 4 Blazer baja lights (2 new ones) along the top of my cargo bar, and bought two new fog lights as well. I have the interior bajas pointed ahead, as a better 'high beam', and the exterior lights pointed slightly outward, easier to see to the sides of the truck. I also have headlights of course, but Im looking for a location for the 2 smaller lights for the truck. Ive looked, and My bumper has the holes where I could mount Lights, but the bumper is a little ... folded under, a bit too hard wheeling for the stock bumper I guess.

Either way, Im at a loss for where to put the new lights until i get the money for a new front bumper. Pics to follow.

poser pic.

and the obligatory "tucking 31's" pic. Both of the above are taken with just the 2 bajas, and Mostly because I dont have near enough pics of my jeep.

And here are the new bajas. I dont feel the need for hellas, these are cheap enough so if I break them, I can buy 2 more sets for what I would pay for Hellas.

and heres the last post trip-up-the hill pic. Opinions are very welcome.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd pass on mounting them on top of the roof rack, those just get taken off my low hanging branches. I've seen someone sneak low profile ones under the roof rack bar, that was pretty interesting

Just put your new lights on your bumper and take them off when you get your new one
Old 02-28-2009, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 1989
Engine: 4.0 Renix

Actually ive had a pretty good run with them there so far. The mounting brackets are tight enough thet theyve stayed on through a good bit. Low hangers arent normally an issue. Im still stock springs so im still low to the ground.