Stock XJ Cherokee Tech. All XJ Non-modified/stock questions go here XJ (84-01)
All OEM related XJ specific tech. Examples, no start, general maintenance or anything that's stock.

Lift Kit Company questions

Old 07-01-2010, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Year: 2000
Model: Cherokee
Engine: 4.0
Default Lift Kit Company questions

Im try to find a 3" kit for around $650 in parts while trying to have at least a semi decent brand, also to avoid the dreaded death wobble , and im not to sure what im looking at sometimes(im new to the whole lifting thing) i found one by tuff country that seems like what im looking for but i dont know if they are any good, also this is my daily driver to i dont need to worry about flex or articulation too much as id rather have the smooth ride. any suggestion on where to look?
Old 07-01-2010, 10:56 AM

Year: 1999
Engine: 4.0 6 cylinder

if your set on a smooth ride id go with a rubicon express kit there pricey but u cant beat the ride....ive had rough country but its a pretty bumpy ride...also id go with the full leaf packs AALs sag very quickly
Old 07-01-2010, 11:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Year: 1996
Engine: I6 4.0L HO, JBA headers, 99 intake, #703 injectors

Originally Posted by THENNING
if your set on a smooth ride id go with a rubicon express kit there pricey but u cant beat the ride....ive had rough country but its a pretty bumpy ride...also id go with the full leaf packs AALs sag very quickly
agreed.. im currently running a rc4.5 shrot arm and it rides like a dumptruck.. stiff as hell.. nothings broken so far and it seems to be working really nicely tho.. havent flexted it out all the way yet but its on my todo list.. ive heard alot of ups and downs about EVERY lift company, with the exception of claytons.. only good things about them. ive also heard old man emu lifts are beastly for ridequality.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:53 AM

yeah ive heard that about rc but has anyone heard anything good or bad about "Tuff Country: Jeep Cherokee 3.5" EZ-Ride Lift Kit (w/rear leaf springs)"?

Last edited by Vash; 07-01-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:27 PM

Year: 1997

Originally Posted by Vash
yeah ive heard that about rc but has anyone heard anything good or bad about "Tuff Country: Jeep Cherokee 3.5" EZ-Ride Lift Kit (w/rear leaf springs)"?
I have a 3" tuff country lift installed by the PO but it's just got the add a leaf in the rear not the whole spring. It rides pretty smooth but I also have the control arm drop brackets which makes a huge difference in ride quality. I'm not sure how long the PO had this lift but the add a leaf's sagging and shocks are about ready to be replaced. My plan is to invest in iron rock offroad. I haven't heard anything to bad about them and they have a decent price.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:01 PM

Is this too good to be true? http://www.4x4groupbuy.com/store/rub...0s-p-4903.html
Old 07-01-2010, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Vash
Yes and no. Seems like a good deal but don't forget the other 164bucks for the track bar. It's not included in the price up top and you'll definitely need it. and you may need to do a tcase drop. some jeeps are ok without one some aren't. If you do it and you feel a vibration from the driveline you'll need to drop your tcase unless you want to invest in an sye which you probably don't want to do if ur on a budget. I had to drop my tcase with a 3 inch lift but thats only until I get my 8inch IRO kit.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:21 PM

the kit is normally 584.95 without the track bar as well http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Suspen...px?part=RE6025 . so for me this seems like a solid bet
Old 07-01-2010, 01:24 PM

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0 I6

no one has said old man emu lift. thats a really high quality lift from what i hear and no one that ive seen on this forum has really ever said anything bad about it. although it costs a little more then $650
Old 07-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Banned

Though I don't have this exact kit. I have the 4.5" which I got 5.5" of lift after it settled down. I wouldn't doubt it if you didn't get 3.5" of lift outa this kit. But rides nice and I've never had an issue with my kit. I would recommend picking up the upper control arms as well though. Customer service is killer. Call Zack.
1) http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rustys&Product _Code=RK-300SP-XJ&Category_Code=sus_xj_kit

2) http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchan...gory_Code=ARMS

3) http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchan..._Code=SUS_TRAC

And if you want to upgrade steering. I have this kit as well and I can't complain about it. You can always do the ZJ steering as well which would be cheaper.

4) http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchan...egory_Code=ste

5) These are great for the shocks.

* http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/me...ory_Code=Shock
Old 07-01-2010, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by MudDepot
no one has said old man emu lift. thats a really high quality lift from what i hear and no one that ive seen on this forum has really ever said anything bad about it. although it costs a little more then $650
allusion did but they are a little out of my range for what you get with it
Old 07-01-2010, 01:34 PM

Year: 1995
Engine: 4.0l

[QUOTE=07Negative;589117]Though I don't have this exact kit. I have the 4.5" which I got 5.5" of lift after it settled down. I wouldn't doubt it if you didn't get 3.5" of lift outa this kit. But rides nice and I've never had an issue with my kit. I would recommend picking up the upper control arms as well though. Customer service is killer. Call Zack.

Why upper control arms? You can get away with stock arms on a small lift like this. Longer lowers will re-center the axle under the front wheel well, uppers don't need to change length at this height - as far as i know...
Old 07-01-2010, 01:42 PM

Year: 1998
Engine: 4.0 I6

allusion did but they are a little out of my range for what you get with it
ahh i see that now oops. yea i know they are a little expensive but i was just throwing that lift out there.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Banned

You can use stock the stock UCA. But from my experience. It rides nicer and considering how old the jeep is and those bushings. Might as well. I also had a issue with taking the stock UCA out to replace the bushing when I only had the LCA. The OEM bushings were shot on my OEM UCA so I just figured replace em.
Your correct though. You don't have to. But sure is nicer having beefier ones and new ones. Hell your already under there doing the work any how.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by MudDepot
I had old man emu on my old cherokee. It's a great lift last forever with no sagging issues. The spring rate is perfect for a cherokee. Mine rode like a caddy. It's great for a mild lift as I don't think they make them over like 3.5". In my opinion if you want quality old man emu, rubicon express, and iron rock offroad are my top three picks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lift Kit Company questions